Need some advice/opinions about my build

Verismo

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 15, 2019
First and foremost, this is my first pc build that's this small using the Skyreach 4 Mini case. The smallest I've built is with the Cooler Master Elite 110, and so I'm a bit nervous haha.
Here are the parts that I'm going to be using:
1) AMD Ryzen 5 2600
2) ASRock X470 Gaming-ITX/ac
3) HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX
4) HDPLEX 400W AC-DC
5) Corsair Vengeance 16GB(2x8) DDR4 2666MHz
6) Noctua NH-L9a AM4
7) RTX 2070 Mini

So I actually have a few questions about this as well.
1) I shouldn't have a power issue right? The power supply and adapter should be able to provide enough power even at peak for the RTX 2070 mini correct?

2) So looking around, I'm torn between two brands.

I have experience with Zotac and I have yet to run into any major issues with them. However, I've never heard of Galax. I see that the Galax card is actually designed smaller to fit for small form factor builds. This is extremely tempting since size is going to be a huge factor in all this. Has anyone ever heard of Galax? Are they any good?

3) At the end, these should all fit in the S4Mini case right? If anything, I'll probably run the power adapter externally.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Hello, Verismo.

Building in the Skyreach 4 MINI is extremely easy because of it's incredibly open design and easy to access mounting system. While many "brickless" builds are possible, they are for users who like to live on the wild side and get down and dirty with small form factor cramming.

The easiest 2070 to install is the Inno3D 2070, and requires you to take the lid off the HDPLEX 400 AC. Alternatively you can go for super low profile cables.

Please check out my YouTube channel--in particular the live stream playlist, which covers the two cards you are proposing and many more. Please also watch the first video in the list, as it is very helpful for this.

For ultra-low profile cables, I have a tutorial here:

I also have a video tutorial in the live stream playlist.

For the PSU question, yes, absolutely if you run the brick externally. We are still long term testing running everything internally as that means more heat in a small space. I have a spreadsheet showing the HDPLEX 400 AC combo and system consumption here:

It isn't perfect, but it's something.

These forums are an amazing and invaluable resource, especially for build logs. For super fast info and to get quick WARNING advice before purchasing a GPU that is tough to make brickless, then I also recommend checking out my discord.

If you have any questions, please ask. You can always reach me by email, or by the discord. I try to check these forums too; it just can be slower.

Peace