Need opinions/advice/answers on S4M build

Verismo

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 15, 2019
So I've received S4M case several weeks ago and I've been waiting until Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I actually want to go over my build and get some opinions/advice/answers as the title states as some things have changed when I posted my other thread, in a different part of the forum months ago.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
CPU Fan: I was going to get the Noctua NH-L12S, but the total height is 70mm. Which I don't think will fit. So I'll have to go with the Noctua NH-L9a. Any other recommendations for fans?
Motherboard: ASRock X470 Gaming-ITX/ac
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB(2x8) DDR4 2666MHz
GPU: Zotac 2070 Super Mini(Only brand that has a mini itx version as far as I know)
PSU: HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX with HDPLEX 400W AC-DC combo.
So I'm guessing that the max amount of power this combo will get me 400W, but I'm a bit confused on how this works. On their test video, they were using a 1200W AC-DC. Was that because at the time, they didn't have a 400W AC-DC and they had to use 1200W to be efficient enough to actually supply 400W?
I honestly, don't mind having a brick, as long as I get the power I need. Which leads me to my main concern. A friend of mine recommended this site to calculate power supply: https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
According to the calculator, the Load Wattage will be around 387W. Which includes a monitor, etc. So I'm really worried 400W won't be enough. And if it isn't, what else can I get?

I'm essentially going to be taking this computer and a mobile monitor(21" with it's own power) around the country with me. My job has me flying all over the place, and I'm tired of paying for a overpriced gaming laptop haha.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Join NFC's discord channel if you haven't already: https://discord.gg/SWpA9G (invite expires in 1 day) and check out the pinned builds and whatnot.

To answer some of your question:
400W is enough. Those psu calculators are bollocks, period.

NH-L9i got chromax blackout treatment recently, you're in luck. NH-L9a however, does not have a black version so if you're going to get the black i - intel version you'll need NM-AM4-L9aL9i AM4 adapter kit.

For GPU fitment the community has compiled list of compatible gpus, brickles or not, there's a google sheets link somewhere... yup, here it is..

You can find more info at discord.

Reactions: Verismo