Discussion Need help with Motherboard and Graphic Card

huntkil

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Dec 15, 2023
I have narrowed it down to Asrock PG-itx and Asus Strix 650E but I am not what to choose between the two.
Currently the build I have planned is Ryzen 5 7600, with B650E and have to choose between 4070 and 7800XT.

I am leaning towards 4070 as its more power efficient. 7800XT on the other hand provides better VRAM and little better performance.
I have a question with respect to DLSS3, how legit is it and will it have significant affect in future?

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
As always, it depends....

I have the PG-ITX and am very happy with it. It's been rock solid.

Downside: No BIOS flashback
Upside: No chipset fan, which would drive me mad with the Asus

Regards GPU, I got a used 3080ti to tide me over as I game ay 1440p and couldn't face paying 4070 money to get enough VRAM. I'll upgrade when 50 series is out. Money no object I'd go for the 4070, as less power=less heat which is always good in SFF.

huntkil

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Dec 15, 2023
As always, it depends....

I have the PG-ITX and am very happy with it. It's been rock solid.

Downside: No BIOS flashback
Upside: No chipset fan, which would drive me mad with the Asus

Regards GPU, I got a used 3080ti to tide me over as I game ay 1440p and couldn't face paying 4070 money to get enough VRAM. I'll upgrade when 50 series is out. Money no object I'd go for the 4070, as less power=less heat which is always good in SFF.
I am getting 4070 and 7800XT at same price and I don't wanna buy used as not a good experience with it.

I am getting open box Asus with cashback at 220ish euro and Asrock is 300+. So I am wondering if it worth that much or not.

HWI

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2022
Both cards are good. The 7800 XT is better from a VRAM capacity and pure rasterization point of view. The 4070 is better from an efficiency and ray tracing point of view. The value of DLSS and its impact in the future is really dependent on the games you play and the resolution you use. Also, don't forget to take into account FSR when comparing the products.

Personally, I have a 4070, but would have purchased a 7800 XT if they made a model small enough to fit in my case. I don't use ray tracing or frame generation because I mostly play esports titles, so the lower cost of the 7800 XT was more appealing to me.

huntkil

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Dec 15, 2023
Both cards are good. The 7800 XT is better from a VRAM capacity and pure rasterization point of view. The 4070 is better from an efficiency and ray tracing point of view. The value of DLSS and its impact in the future is really dependent on the games you play and the resolution you use. Also, don't forget to take into account FSR when comparing the products.

Personally, I have a 4070, but would have purchased a 7800 XT if they made a model small enough to fit in my case. I don't use ray tracing or frame generation because I mostly play esports titles, so the lower cost of the 7800 XT was more appealing to me.
I have bought Fractal design Terra (half the price of what I was getting for FormD) and I have plenty model that fits the case.
I was also leaning towards 7800XT as I wanna play esports titles at 1440p (I have gigabyte 1440P 144 hz monitor). Just worried about temps in this one.