Need help on my recent decision to place an order for RAM

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
I know RAM prices are twice as much now than as they were when at their cheapest, so on that (rough ballpark of about 200USD for a 32GB DDR4 2133mhz 4x8 kit): I placed an order, on impulse, for a Corsair Vengence LPX 1 3000mhz kit for 180USD from amazon, on amazon. It was previously Prime exclusive, but on the moment it was off the exclusivity I just clicked the buy button. Says it'll take about 2-3 weeks to start shipping either way.

I'm very worried something doesn't sit right with that decision. Everything else (of various clockspeeds) costs 200 to 300 USD. I don't know what should I be looking out for.

I have until the middle of march to look for problems and decide, before they start shipping it.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Some kits are cheaper than others because they are just sitting in the warehouse for too long (or too many), technically it could be spec-wise like CAS-latency through the roof (look at other 3000MHz kits). In the past with DDR2, you had 2.1V kits that weren't always compatible, in contrast to 1.8V kits. This also determined the price.

It could very well be there's nothing wrong with the kit, just a regular old 'deal' :)

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Ahh okay. It's this particular one. I'm hoping it's just something I'm worrying an unnecessary lot for and just being an idiot ;_; Thanks for your input

EDIT: I just typed markdown in this forum. ( -_(\
EDITx2: Amazon brought the stock in today (the prices raised a few days ago too). Estimated to ship tomorrow o_o (going to contribute to the SI thread once I receive them)

Last edited: