Need DC-DC PSU Help

Artmov

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 28, 2018
I'm about to order the RGeek L65 case from Aliexpress but I have no hands on experience with DC-DC ATX style psu's.

They have an option for a package that includes 12V/120W adapter and 150W DC-ATX.
Is it safe to use? My main concern would be the malfunctioning of the psu that my cause a fire.

Should I just order the case by itself and get a reputable psu elsewhere?
What are my options for PSU's?

I'm looking at below models, but to be honest, i'm a bit clueless at this stage to what's best, what will fit and which brick to pair with...
HDPLEX 200W DC-ATX
picoPSU-160-XT
J-HACK ONE2 PLUGin 160
Realan LR1108-150W
G-unique
KMPKT Dynamo 360 DC-ATX

Will 120W be enough for my build?
-Intel Core i7-8700
-Noctua NH-L9i chromax
-ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac
-Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2
-Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB

P.S. If anyone is selling a J-hack Pure please PM me.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpradeep

mcpradeep

Chassis Packer
Dec 13, 2019
Did you ever get to build this? I'm interested in your PSU choice as I'm also wanting to build in the same case.

jakejm79

Average Stuffer
Mar 22, 2021
No more chance of that powerbrick causing a fire than any off brand Chinese made laptop adapter.

But if you are really concerned then why not a HDPlex and use any reputable (i.e. Dell, HP, etc) 19V laptop powerbrick.

mcpradeep

Chassis Packer
Dec 13, 2019
No more chance of that powerbrick causing a fire than any off brand Chinese made laptop adapter.

But if you are really concerned then why not a HDPlex and use any reputable (i.e. Dell, HP, etc) 19V laptop powerbrick.
Right. I have the Lenovo 135w (20v/6.75a) brick, I guess I can make use of it along with the HDPlex 200w. Just not sure if the hdplex is going fit (front clearance) in the RGeek L65s case.

jakejm79

Average Stuffer
Mar 22, 2021
Right. I have the Lenovo 135w (20v/6.75a) brick, I guess I can make use of it along with the HDPlex 200w. Just not sure if the hdplex is going fit (front clearance) in the RGeek L65s case.
If you aren't running to it's full capacity the heatsink material can be removed.

Also on one of my builds I made a little 24 pin extension cable allowing me to move the HDPlex an inch or so when I was tight on mounting space.

Last edited: