NCase M1 v6.1 Front-Fan-Mod

TRBZN61

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 19, 2020
I recently bought the NCase M1 v6.1 on eBay and now want to spice it up a bit :D
It gets a front fan mod!
I want to cool the CPU with the Noctua NH-U9B SE2 as an intake config. So, the fresh air from behind, pulling into the housing.
The heat produced by the graphics card and CPU is then actively blown out from the front and passively from above.
In addition, two slim fans come in at the bottom of the case as an intake to feed the graphics card with fresh air.
Updates will follow ...

TRBZN61

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 19, 2020
Unfortunately not perfectly centered, but I'm still satisfied.

Now I have to modify the case itself a bit, because that way I don't get the front panel on.

So a piece has to be sawed off :D

I will always update everything here first.
So if you always want to stay up to date, you can follow my progress here.

manypopes

Case Bender
New User
Aug 15, 2020
How did you cut the hole? A friend of mine did similar, possibly even on the same case, but he didn't make it look pretty like this..

Reactions: TRBZN61

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Nice work!
I couldn't bring myself to cut into my M1, but you've done it really well and added some Noctua 'CoffeeNCream' magic to get the heat out.
Maybe a black version of the Noctua and a custom fan grille could take it to the next level.
You have my respect for making a committing move like that and pulling it off. ?

Reactions: TRBZN61

TRBZN61

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 19, 2020
How did you cut the hole? A friend of mine did similar, possibly even on the same case, but he didn't make it look pretty like this..
i did it with a jigsaw and some sandpaper 400 and 1000.
drilled a hole in the middle and from there i went along the edge with the jigsaw.
another tip: cover the front with masking tape so that it does not get scratched ;-)

TRBZN61

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 19, 2020
Can you take the same measurements with the fan turned off? I am curious about how many degrees you are getting from the fan.
i have the values that you wanted:

CPU idle: 36°C
CPU load: 59°C
(COD-Warzone)

GPU idle: 37°C
GPU load: 73°C
(COD-Warzone)

Ambient: 25,3°C

The Values with frontfan are tested with COD-Warzone, too ;-)

Reactions: For_Science