NCASE M1 v6.1 Ryzen 3600 AiO + Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC 8GB

dandus

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
May 6, 2020
Hello, I would like to share my observations about GPU I currently have in my build, specs below:

NCASE M1 v6.1
AMD Ryzen 3600 + NZXT Kraken x52
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB Windforce x3
Gigabyte Aorus X570-I WiFi Pro
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz 16GB
Sabrent Rocket 1TB PCI-E 4.0
Corsair SF600 Platinum

> Firestrike Benchmark Result <

This cards fits perfectly and installation was quite easy although the right side of the GPU which is near I/O connector sits slightly lower then rest of the card so I should probably use support bracket.
Temperature wise in idle and light load card is very cool around 30-33°C and is totally silent. Fans don't spin as far as I remember until reaching 60°C on GPU and to be honest that was exactly the temperature I had while gaming in 2k resolution or benchmarking in firestrike (57-63°C).
Also I think I set optimal curves in NZXT Cam so in idle and light load temp jumps 30-39°C and under heavier load in games it sits around 55-57°C.

I didn't use bottom fans to support GPU cooling so the build in this config performs efficiently, silently and quite cool. The only disadvantage is coil whining on GPU (it's quite audible but I don't know if I can do anything about it other than setting v-sync on).

I would like to ask you guys if it's worth adding x2 low profile noctua fans under GPU? Would the GPU benefit anything if I add them? I was thinking about adding 92mm noctua on the rear of the case.

I am considering replacing current GPU to Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8GB Windforce x3 and I would like to ask if temperature would be the same or Radeon will be hotter and noisy comparing to RTX? Radeon is cheaper by £100 though and sometimes performs better. These two cards are build with the same cooling - any advices in this matter?