Ncase M1 "tophat" mod & build

riktanius

Caliper Novice
Feb 21, 2018
I like how you broke the up the tophat pieces for smaller printers, but the model is one full piece. Might be better to break up the model into 2 different STLs.

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 18, 2018
Yeah I was about to do that initially, but since there are currently 3 sizes, it became a mess pretty fast on thingiverse. Files and parts everywhere :). I was afraid that people would download or print wrong parts.

It's very easy to cut the model into two STLs, I use "Slic3r" for the job. Then add both parts and rearrange them so they fit on a 200x200x200 bed.

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
I am currently looking for someone to print the large hat for me at the moment.
I have gotten a few quotes to get this printed via services, but thus far looking at around $250usd to print.
I will be all over this once I find a viable production method :)

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 18, 2018
That is just insane pricing. Stay away from that :-)
My local printshop take around 30$ max.

It’s all about settings for the print. I would say the best would be: 10-15% infil, 0.4 layer, with supports. And for the brackets 100% infill.

riktanius

Caliper Novice
Feb 21, 2018
Yeah I was about to do that initially, but since there are currently 3 sizes, it became a mess pretty fast on thingiverse. Files and parts everywhere :). I was afraid that people would download or print wrong parts.

It's very easy to cut the model into two STLs, I use "Slic3r" for the job. Then add both parts and rearrange them so they fit on a 200x200x200 bed.

Yeah, but many people either use CURA or Simplify3D for slicing and they dont have the same tools. And honestly, you should make it as 3 different entries in Thingiverse, and then split the files. This will also get you more hits on Thingiverse and more "likes".

I am currently looking for someone to print the large hat for me at the moment.
I have gotten a few quotes to get this printed via services, but thus far looking at around $250usd to print.
I will be all over this once I find a viable production method :)

That is brutal. Where are you located?

That is just insane pricing. Stay away from that :-)
My local printshop take around 30$ max.

It’s all about settings for the print. I would say the best would be: 10-15% infil, 0.4 layer, with supports. And for the brackets 100% infill.

Yeah, that is more like it. If anyone in europe needs one, let me know and I can give you some info on sending it to you.

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah, but many people either use CURA or Simplify3D for slicing and they dont have the same tools. And honestly, you should make it as 3 different entries in Thingiverse, and then split the files. This will also get you more hits on Thingiverse and more "likes".

That is brutal. Where are you located?

Yeah, that is more like it. If anyone in europe needs one, let me know and I can give you some info on sending it to you.

I am in Australia.
Yeah price seems insane

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Looks fantastic, nice work!!!
Having used the accellero 3 in my case, from my experience the temps were better with it on exhaust as well! :)
significantly better on both CPU and GPU (though I was running air cooling on CPU @ the time as well.

Reactions: Maniac