NCase idea: 1080 ti Aorus Xtreme with G12 and Asetek 645LT built in rear of NCase M1 V6

Leinel

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 19, 2019
Hi all,
new here, I have started to love sff builds for some weeks now. My case is arriving hopefully next week and I would love to start bulding it up. The Problem is that the Aorus does not seem to fit in the case, so I am trying to find Solutions to get the thing in.

Available Hardware:
  1. Asus ROG Strix X570i ITX Motherboard
  2. 32GB RAM Crucial 3200
  3. Ryzen 3900X
  4. Some NVMEs and SSDs
  5. Gigabyte Aorus 1080 ti xtreme 11GB (and a MSI GTX 1050 ti that I do not want to use for undersantable reasons)
  6. 2 NZXT Kraken X52 AIO
  7. NZXT G12
  8. A whole bunch of Noctuas NF-A12x25 and NF-A9 (25mm)

My idea is to get one of the Kraken AIOs for the CPU with the radiator on the side panel together with the G12 rebuilt Aorus with a Asetek LT645 AIO cooling (this wou´ld be a cost of 90 Euros) mounted somehow in the rear of the case. I would not care, if either the fan or the radiator of the Asetek are outside of the case.

Any idea if this could work? Would be sad to buy a RTX2070S (or even a 2080S) to replace my 1080 ti hat is running really good. Also, it would be a good time to order missing Things now, just to start my built the Moment the case arrives.

Regards

Leinel

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hopefully @Necere will see this and comment but if I remember correctly the GTX 1080 Aorus just barely fit and the Ti is bigger and will not fit in the case.

Reactions: Leinel

Leinel

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 19, 2019
For this I want to get rid of the fans, with the g12 the pcb is pretty small. In fact I will remove the whole cooling unit of the Aorus.

Leinel

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 19, 2019
I took some photos of my current self made amateur build. No dust filters needed, because the cloth prevents dust from getting in. Hopefully I can upload them with the photo of the card measurement soon.

Regards

Rainer

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
If you remove the AORUS's cooler it looks like it should fit. Not sure if there will be any compatible issues with the G12.

You won't be able to fit both a 240 rad on the side and a 92 rad on the rear. Mounting the 645LT to the outside rear won't work - there's no way to route the tubing inside the case, since the tubes are permanently attached to the waterblock.

Leinel

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 19, 2019
Hi Necere,
thank you for the quick reply. There is no issue G12 with the 1080 Ti, I was running this in my amateur build. I am thinking about doing a hole inside the back, just big enough for the pump or something just for the tubes.
I would like to add some photos, but I only get a window to put a link in there.
Anyway, not giving up, I will try to find a way with the 645. Will be cheaper than to buy a comparable graphics card :-) The Accelero is a nogo for me.

Regards

Leinel

Lendavy

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 15, 2020
Hi Leinel,

I'm thinking with roughly the same build (1080Ti with Kraken G12 and nzxt X52), could you please share some photos ? :)

Leinel

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 19, 2019
Hi Lendavy,
Sorry for being late with my answer, too much to take care of recently.After getting the NCase I started trying. My first test was to put 2 A 12x25mm Noctua fans as exhaust, deshrouding the original fans (only 4 screws on the side) This was anheater for my desk. Second was to run the fans as intake. The fans are fixed only with zip ties, work relly good.
When I do my normal work (office and so on) the fans do not spin, if they do, I don‘t recognize them over the fans of the cpu AIO Kraken x52. The sound is like whispering wind if this can describe it properly. Super silent. With load, the fans of the gpu spin up to 60% if I remember correctly. You hear it, but it is not disturbing at all. Ths sound is not annoying, it is much quieter than with the original three fans. With my dirty cheap over ear headphones on (without any sound playing) I hardly hear it. I am playing fortnite with almost all settings set to high or ultra on a 34’‘ and I am super happy. So there is no need for me to put the G12 in.
I would really recommend the NCase to anybody getting into sff trying to get a silent enthusiast pc. I really understand Ali for his recommendation. My setup is here:
Builds
I already ordered the NZXT H1 to try. The smaller footprint would be quite nice.
Do you need the photos of the interior?