ASRock Z490M-ITX/ac​

Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200MHz 2x16GB​

EKL Alpenföhn Black Ridge​

Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB​

Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold 850W​

Corsair iCUE QL140 RGB PWM 140mm LED (X 5 or 6?)​

Corsair Commander Pro​

PNY GeForce RTX 3080 XLR8 Gaming Epic-X P HDMI 3XDP 10GB​

(or maybe another GPU depending on what's available)
+ cables and SilverStone ES02-USB remote power switch

Ameubius

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 18, 2021
Improved model with thicker wood panels (18mm) and more details on the aluminium plates.

It will feature an internal "compartment" in the middle where the fan controllers and cables will be hidden. The structure will also function as a backbone insuring rigidity to the case.

Since every side can be accessed it should be rather pleasant to build in. The outer alu plates will be held by magnets, whereas the inner ones (holding the fans) will be mounted with screws to the wooden parts, but can be removed from the outside. The two "doors" on each side will be held tight by some form of key hole hangers at the top, and screws at the bottom (mounted underneath, thus not visible). I will most likely trim all edges with a round-over router bit. The two wooden joints at the top will be dovetails, but I guess only the half blind type.

Reactions: dealda

Ameubius

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 18, 2021

Starting to get more equipments for the project. Considering using the long oak panel as I am familiar working with it. Also have several large sheets of aluminum, 1 mm thick, and som new blades for cutting them.

Also got my fans ++ I am awaiting the CPU, RAM and PSU in a week or two. The GPU howerver... :p

Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I look at pics of your previous builds and I notice that the colour of the wood matches quite well with the Noctua brown/beige.

I suspect you secretly enjoy the woodwork portion of the build the most (vs the other hardware components).😉

Ameubius

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 18, 2021
Yes, I really like the Noctua fans, but I just want to see how the build will look with light. Like a lamp in a way. If it looks terrible I can allways turn it off or switch to the Noctua ones.

Ameubius

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 18, 2021

PSU and CPU arrived!

China-mail. Double sided adhesive sheets and fine mesh for dust filter.

Magnetic tape A and B type.

Different riser cables I might choose.

I think is's too short, so I've ordered some extra.

Waiting for the RAM modules, and GPU is still out of sight...

Cheers :)

Reactions: SiKiaTriK

Ameubius

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 18, 2021
Been a while. My former project is currently on a hold and I have started with another build.

This pic shows what is to be the underside where I'll mount a custom made dust filter in front of the GPU intake. Stay tuned ;)

Reactions: Valantar

Ameubius

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 18, 2021
If you wonder what happened to the other build, I got a CM NR200 on sale, and slapped the parts with my old 2080ti so I can play some games while I complete this new idea. I'll likely finish the first one later, but these cabinets are rather time consuming to make... :p

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Having watched far too many woodworking videos on YouTube recently, this is definitely up my alley. Subbed.

Ameubius

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 18, 2021

Schematics of my latest project. As already posted I have started the building process

Ameubius

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 18, 2021

This is so far I've come. At the moment I'm working out a way to ensure the GPU stays in place. I intend to use 1mm thick rubber sheets for it to rest on. As shown before, the fans will be aligned perfectly with the cut-out, and I'll place a removable dust filter on the under side using magnetic strips.

This is my home made GPU mounting bracket.

Another small step that took a couple hours.

Last edited: