Log My First SFF build: Dan A4-SFX v4.1 Silver

Pancake

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Mar 14, 2021
My first SFF build, trying to strike a balance among performance, appearance, compactness and noise etc

Components:​

• B460 + i5-10400 + 16G + 1660super (cpu undervolted by 0.125V for)
  • SN750 500G + SN550 1T
  • L9i chromax.black + 2 * Thermalright 9015
  • PSU SF450 Platinum
Cable management was a nightmare, but the result is satisfying :)

↓ Added two pieces of dust screen at the top, but perhaps they will just trap the heat inside :(

↑ Installed a typec-to-19pin converter so the front-facing usb-c port will be working.

More pics:​

With my niz 68 keyboard on top, just the same size.

Thanks for stopping by.

Update 1:​

Applied this copper plate with graphite coating to the backside m2 -> a 5 deg drop in temp during cpu full load.

Just touching the mobo tray.

Will 3dprint a frame to fit an A4x20 for the front M.2. A 10 deg temp drop is expected.

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I imagine the 2 M.2 SSDs are installed in top and bottom of the motherboard.
What kind of temp do they get? (when idle and under your daily load)
Thanks.

Pancake

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Mar 14, 2021
I imagine the 2 M.2 SSDs are installed in top and bottom of the motherboard.
What kind of temp do they get? (when idle and under your daily load)
Thanks.
I noticed my ssds are having really bad temps and have been trying different fan configurations.
When idle, ssds are around 50-52, seems ok, but when runing fpu, and when cpu stablises at 80 degs, both ssds are heated up to 60-62. If I run some ssd benchmark at this time, they hit 70 in no time and start throttling.
Tried flipping both the bottom fans or one of them, no change in ssd temps (maybe 1-2 degs cooler for the back-mounted one) but only higher cpu temps with higher fan speed.
Will try adding a 40mm for the ssds, and maybe another 40mm on top of the mobo (just below the top panel, it will fit a 4007 fan).

contra04

Efficiency Noob
Apr 26, 2021
Hi there, great lookiung build.
I have similar parts and same case.
What im wondering about is if you re-ran the v4 riser cable on top of the plastic, under the black thing on the GPU side - which is what it looks like in your photos.
I ask because all the build videos from teh grand masters are v1 -3, and the PCI3 riser looks like it goes this way by default.

My silver v4.1 case has the riser going under the metal divider running up the mobo side. - this seems like I should move it to match yours and the SFF lords from v1 - 3?