Image Credit – MSI at CES. I like the 80s vibe of it. Matches my latest Trapper Keeper.

MSI has shown it’s new Meg Trident X2 system at CES, which is now available for pre-order. Coming in 22L, the uniquely asymmetrical shaped system has a cooling focus with a mesh intakes on the top and mesh exhaust on the side. Included inside is a 280mm AIO that exhausts out of the right side of the case. The GPU is an inverted mounting and draws air from the top of the case. The PSU, a 750 watt SFX unit, draws air from the bottom of the case. The current listed specs include an Intel i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, 64GB of DDR5-4800, 2TB PCIE 4.0 NVME SSD, 2X Lan ports, and a front mounted LCD display that allows users to control aspects of MSIs control center application. Expansion options include room for an two additional 2.5 inch drives...

Continue reading...

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
It could have so easily been 20L minus some aesthetics. However, with components getting larger and larger, 22L is the new 20?

kNUCkles

Chassis Packer
Aug 19, 2019
Updated product page is showing a 1000W PSU, so good nudge @Revenant? edit: nevermind, I was looking at the 13700KF/4080 version

If only they'd incorporated Thunderbolt, the single M.2 slot would be would be far less of a bummer.

Last edited: