MSI GTX 1650 LP LOW PROFILE | SILENT MOD | NO DESHROUD

DDO95

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
May 14, 2023
Hello!
It's my first mod and my first article about this.. please dont judge me, if I make mistakes :)
Today I am going to show you, how to finally make a SILENT Low Profile GTX 1650 (should also work with the GTX 1050 / Ti) with a Zero Fan Mode in Idle, no deshrouding!
And even fully stressed you shuold barely be able to hear the fans! Let's start!

1. WHAT YOU NEED:
PARTS
- MSI LP Low Profile GTX 1650, with the original cooler and shroud.
- 2x50mm Fans with a max height of 10mm for example I used 2x Noiseblocker BlackSilentFan XS-1. (SilverStone FTF 5010 should work aswell)
- 3 Pin Y-Cable oder 3 Pin Cable Splitter, I used one from Kolink with 7cm length.
TOOLS
- Screwdriver
- Drill (2mm HSS twistdrill)
- and a lot of patience! :D

2. HOW THE MOD WORKS:
You have to drill and cut everything out that's blocking the new 50mm fans inside of the shroud. Here is the original shroud with the original fans installed:

Just cut the fans out and drill the stands off as fas as you can. The end result shoud look like this:

Don't forget to drill a hole to route the cables later:

Now you need to cut off some of the plastic from the new 50mm fans, because you need space between the shorud and cooler itself. If you dont drill the plastic away, the fans will not fit. Just try to test fit it and if it doesn't fit, drill some more plastic away until it fits.

It should look like this, notice that the cable of the right fan holds both fans in place, so there is no need to glue them to the shroud.

Alright! Now you successfully mastered the most difficult part! The last step is to screw the shroud on the cooler. If it's too tight and it still doesn't fit, you can drill four new holes in the shroud. I used a 2mm drill, so the screws would still fit perfectly:

You did it! Congrats! Now you finally have a silent, cool and pretty nice looking GTX 1650 Low Profile! Here are some pictures:

To connect the fans, I used a 3 pin splitter cable from Kolink to connect the fans to the motherboard. I use a software called "Fan Control" to control the speed of the fans depending on GPU temperature. If you're a pro you can cut the cables, solder them back on the fan to make them shorter..
Here is a picture showing the GPU installed in my system inside a Aerocool Playa Slim Case with an Intel Core i3 12100, ASUS Prime H610M-A D4, 2x8GB GSkill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, Corsiar SF-450 SFX Power Supply:

With the side panel closed, like shown in picture number four, you are not able to hear anything at idle. Zero, because I programmed the fans to start spinning only at 65C. I undervolted+overclocked the GTX 1650, it runs with 1935 MHz with 875mV. I get 55.5 FPS or 1398 points in Unigine Heaven with the "Extreme Preset" and max temps are about 85C, with a 90C temp limit in MSI afterburner. So the card isn't throttling! Yeah it's a little bit hot, but don't forget, that it's silent! You can barely hear anything even at 100% load! Nice! In picture number three you can see that a case fan is directly pointed at the graphics card! This helps a lot with the temperatures!

I hoped you like this mod and I hope you could understand everything, because my english is pretty bad :D
GG Have fun! :)

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Great writeup thanks for sharing! I upgraded my old 1050ti LP to a 1650 LP from Asus specifically for the zero RPM mode, as I couldn't get the old trusty SpeedFan working. I really gotta try this new "Fan Control" software.

Reactions: DDO95