[DESKMINI] Fan duct and shroud for the Noctua L9a

msystems

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Apr 28, 2017
Here are STL files for a cosmetic fan duct and shroud for the Noctual L9a, fitting Asrock a300 and x300 that is sandwiched onto the existing case with screws. Uses M3 screws, recommended length 8mm or greater.
Files @ Thingyverse

Could possibly be adapted to other things by modifying it in Onshape if you want to mess around with it and changing the length of the duct.
The default length of the duct is 12mm.
CAD View

I'm also kicking around scaling up the design to a version for the NF-A12x25, if you are interested in this please let me know!

Two versions of the duct-

#1 Has through-holes with receptacle for Mcmaster 94510A240 M3 brass inserts on the bottom side. (Pictured)

#2 Version of the duct without requiring inserts or nuts. Uses smaller holes (2.7mm) so you just can thread your M3 screws directly into the plastic. However if you want to use M3 nuts, it should work by drilling out the holes slightly.

Two versions of the shroud.

#1 Uses countersunk m3 machine screws.

#2 Uses m3 Hex Head machine screws. Not countersunk (Pictured)

You don't really need the shroud if you cut very precisely and its more of a cosmetic thing plus giving a place for the screws to bite.

Afaik the duct can also be attached to the heatsink instead of the case, but I haven't tested it. If you get longer screws (not sure exactly, but about 30mm should be good), remove the ones holding the 90mm fan on, and then screw the duct down, thru the fan, and into the HS with the longer screws.

Last edited:

msystems

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Apr 28, 2017