Motherboard MSI adds Bifurcation Support to B450I Gaming Plus AC, maybe others?

endosan

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 24, 2023
On the 9th of August, MSI released bios 7A40vAH4(Beta) for the B450i gaming plus AC. All it said was new AGESA and some security patch, meh. After waiting to see if any horror stories popped up about it, I updated my BIOS. Lo and behold, what did I find in the menu but a new pci lanes option (allowing 'x8,x8', 'x8,x4,x4', and the coveted 4x4x4x4.) While I have a bifurcation riser, I don't have anything to test it out on right now. I did take a picture though. Further, it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, which makes me think that other MSI boards might have gotten the same treatment with these patches. Figured I'd let you all know; I've gotten plenty of mileage from this forum and figured I'd give back with the info. Might be a good time to grab one or check your MSI board for a BIOS update.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Thanks for the info ! Manufacturers sometimes do this, it's awesome when they add a feature like bifurcation as it adds usefulness. Especially AM4 has had quite good UEFI support lifetimes. My ye olde Asus Prime X370-Pro had a firmware update as recently as August of 2023.

Sometimes the community figures out a feature can be modified in relatively easy.