Moving to Ncase M1 V6.1

txporter

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 1, 2020
I built an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 SFF in a Silverstone Mile ML06-E earlier this year (see sig). I have really loved this build...but since I have been stuck working from home since mid-March...I have doing more gaming. I decided that I need to upgrade my GPU which wasn't possible in the ML06-E.

I decided on the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5600 XT along with moving to the Ncase M1 (on order, should ship this week).

My question is about the CPU and case cooling. Can I stay with the Noctua NH-L12S or will it be a problem that the L12S heatsink is horizontal rather than vertical? It looks like most people are using either AIO or an air cooler with a vertical heatsink to allow air to be drawn front to back.

And I am unclear what case fans I should be using/trying? It seems like the GPU I purchased will require 15mm bottom fans. But I am not certain if I will need them or not. Anyone with experience with either the L12S or the 5600xt in the M1?

txporter

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 1, 2020
For what it's worth, I went ahead and simply moved my existing ML06-E setup into the NCase M1 swapping out the GTX 1650 LP for the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5600 XT. I kept my CPU undervolting the same as well as keeping the Noctua NL-L12S cooler. I am extremely happy with the results.

My cpu temps are about 5C lower (60-70C) than they were in the Milo ML06-E. The new gpu is running 10+C cooler (low 60s gaming, ~upper 60s during heaven benchmarking) than the 1650.

I am running one 120mm fan mounted on the side as intake at ~1200rpm. No fans underneath the gpu or behind the cpu cooler (92mm).

Reactions: Odd_Fox

mjolson5

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 3, 2020
Did you have any trouble installing the Pulse in the M1? I would love to by an M1 but saw the note in the compatibility chart that it's a difficult fit.