Motherboard Minisforum Mini-ITX Motherboard with Ryzen 9 7945HX3D unveiled

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Yes, the CPU on this motherboard is a mobile processor and has 3D cache, and so far I've only seen it available in the Asus ROG Strix Scar 17.

Minisforum Unveils AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX3D Powered Mini-ITX Motherboard, Supports 100W CPUs & Up To RTX 4090 dGPU (wccftech.com)

However, it looks like later this year we may be able to buy it mounted to a Mini-ITX motherboard. This will mean that while you won't be able to upgrade the processor, you will be able to install your own RAM (probably SODIMMs), and M.2 NVMe SSD, and attach your own GPU via a PCIe 5.0x16 slot.

The CPU cooler also looks like it will be a custom unit, and there probably won't be standard mounts for a CPU cooler, given that this is a mobile chip which would usually be cooled by heatpipes or a vapor chamber in a laptop. Having said that I've been very impressed with the CPU cooler supplied with my Minisforum B550 Mini PC.

The motherboard will also support a 100W TDP, which is good considering the processor is rated for 55W+ and the cooler should be more powerful than what you can fit into most laptops.

If this does get released and the pricing isn't ridiculous, then I may look at getting one for my Louqe Ghost S1.

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz