Log Mini Itx Cooler not fitting!

andymaxwell

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 4, 2021
Hi All, i have an MSI Z490i Unify and have been trying to find a low profile cooler (sub 59mm height) which will fit on it.
I use Teamgroup Vulcan memory which is 33mm tall (measured). Neither the ID Cooling IS-60 nor the Thermaltake AXP-100 Copper fits, the ID cooling slightly interferes with the memory and the Thermaltake really interferes with it, both have issues with the heat pipes interfering with the I/O shroud.

I am prepared to buy a different motherboard, even a micro ATX (and my case will fit an ATX) but from the images i have seen online the distance from the socket to the memory slots is the same, so how are these things supposed to ANY motherboard. Apologies for the shout there but I am pretty frustrated (as much as I love building my own pc).

Any thoughts would be apprecaited.

Case: https://www.sfftime.com/product-page/p-atx-v2-0

andymaxwell

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 4, 2021
apologies for the unintentional double posting!! (i haven't figured out how to delete messages yet!).

Thank you @riba2233 ; i tried rotating the two cpu coolers I have tried (IS-60 and AXP-100 copper), is that what you mean?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
apologies for the unintentional double posting!! (i haven't figured out how to delete messages yet!).

Thank you @riba2233 ; i tried rotating the two cpu coolers I have tried (IS-60 and AXP-100 copper), is that what you mean?
No, I meant changing the orientation of each cooler to the one that fits. Like rotating it relative to the socket.

andymaxwell

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 4, 2021
No, I meant changing the orientation of each cooler to the one that fits. Like rotating it relative to the socket.
Thank you, yeah, we are on the same page. There was a difference with the IS-60 doing that (although i'd still need Very Low Profile memory) but the AXP-100 copper is sadly way too big. Looks like the Blackridge may be the winner.

neilhart

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 18, 2017
The Z490I maybe a problem. I currently am using a ID-Cooling IS-47K on my ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac motherboard with a Intel i9-9900K. The IS-47K has a thin 15mm x 92mm fan mounted below the cooling fins pushing air up. Your memory should not be a problem as this cooler has a 36.5 mm memory clearance. However in my installation, I orient the cooler with the overhang towards the IO panel.

Good luck,
Neil