Prebuilt Mini-Box M300 questions

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Original poster
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Hello all, I'm planning on migrating my build to an Mini-Box M300 and I had a few concerns with it. For instance, I will be using the ELSA single slot GTX 1050 ti however I'm wondering if I can still mount dual 2.5" drives in the top panel with it installed. One of the options for the case is to include a PCI riser, but I'm unsure if it is actually full speed PCIe with support for the full power of the GPU. Can anyone help me resolve these concerns?

Reactions: Soul_Est

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Hello all, I'm planning on migrating my build to an Mini-Box M300 and I had a few concerns with it. For instance, I will be using the ELSA single slot GTX 1050 ti however I'm wondering if I can still mount dual 2.5" drives in the top panel with it installed. One of the options for the case is to include a PCI riser, but I'm unsure if it is actually full speed PCIe with support for the full power of the GPU. Can anyone help me resolve these concerns?
Where you getting your Elsa 1050Ti from?

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Nice, looks to be a bit larger than the m300

Yes but much better cooling capacities due to the perforated panels.
Powerful GPU in small enclosures need as much air as they can get, and be able to exhaust it. Otherwise your system may heat up very quickly.

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Original poster
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Yes but much better cooling capacities due to the perforated panels.
Powerful GPU in small enclosures need as much air as they can get, and be able to exhaust it. Otherwise your system may heat up very quickly.
I was just going to cut a hole for the GPU, but that sounds like a better option. I'll have to find a manual for the drive mounting options.