Mini 2060S/2070 cards discontinued? Any news?

ggabriele3

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Dec 28, 2019
I just recently moved from 'somewhat SFF' to the truly small Velka 3. I had planned for the build to pick up an MSI or Gigabyte ITX / single-fan 2060S or 2070 GPU. Foolishly I assumed that since they were listed on the manufacturer's website, that they might be available for sale somewhere, anywhere. I've googled like crazy, found a few for sale in Japan or Australia, but in general it looks like they've all disappeared. It seems to have happened really recently, too, since there are plenty of people talking about them from mid-2019.

Were they discontinued? Were there problems with the boards? Are there any replacements planned?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
When Nvidia released the Super versions of the 2060/2070/2080 the non Super versions were discontinued and the itx versions disappeared. Now there is talk of bringing the non Super versions back so I guess it is possible they will show back up, but impossible to say at this point. You may be better off seeing if you can fine a used GTX 1070 or 1080.

ggabriele3

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Dec 28, 2019
When Nvidia released the Super versions of the 2060/2070/2080 the non Super versions were discontinued and the itx versions disappeared. Now there is talk of bringing the non Super versions back so I guess it is possible they will show back up, but impossible to say at this point. You may be better off seeing if you can fine a used GTX 1070 or 1080.

I guess the 1080 would be about on par with the 2060, minus the ray tracing?

oreg

Chassis Packer
Nov 27, 2017
Planning to downsize further as well beginning of next year, I have stumbled across the same recently as well. Would love to see a 2070 super in true itx format in near future or at least an available version of a 2060 super itx like the AERO from msi, which currently seems to only exist on the manufacturers homepage.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Planning to downsize further as well beginning of next year, I have stumbled across the same recently as well. Would love to see a 2070 super in true itx format in near future or at least an available version of a 2060 super itx like the AERO from msi, which currently seems to only exist on the manufacturers homepage.
I found it listed on Amazon Japan, unfortunately does not ship to US.

ASCii

(ツ)
Jan 7, 2017
Itx sized cards have always been pretty tricky to get your hands on unless you caught them at launch, you would think that a niche gpu wouldn’t be as popular, but the mining community doesn't seem to care about the card size.

It’s been a while since this article /sigh

Discussed here: