Mindfactory.de has changed their sales-policy: NO SHIPPING OUTSIDE OF GERMANY!

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
One popular site in EU to buy PC-parts from in EU is mindfactory.de; especially if you live in expensive countries like Finland and Sweden (I've lived in both). Their prices are far lower than anything offered in either aforementioned countries. Last time I bought something from them was in November 2016, without any issues and I was really happy with the speed and service of the store.

However, yesterday (29 Aug 2017) I tried to make a new order. But it was not possible. When trying to check-out it just said that "Shipping outside of Germany is not possible". I sent an email to their helpdesk and asked the following:

Rather swiftly I received a reply:

So it seems like they have completely abandoned the European market, unless you order as a company/entrepreneur that has a valid VAT ID-number.

Just thought I'd share this discovery, as I haven't found any other posts on the Internet discussing this matter.

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
One popular site in EU to buy PC-parts from in EU is mindfactory.de; especially if you live in expensive countries like Finland and Sweden (I've lived in both). Their prices are far lower than anything offered in either aforementioned countries. Last time I bought something from them was in November 2016, without any issues and I was really happy with the speed and service of the store.

However, yesterday (29 Aug 2017) I tried to make a new order. But it was not possible. When trying to check-out it just said that "Shipping outside of Germany is not possible". I sent an email to their helpdesk and asked the following:

Rather swiftly I received a reply:

So it seems like they have completely abandoned the European market, unless you order as a company/entrepreneur that has a valid VAT ID-number.

Just thought I'd share this discovery, as I haven't found any other posts on the Internet discussing this matter.
Its like it is because the shipping costs are high and if the custema misses its packitch, they have to send it back to germany...

And a RMA from Italy or farther is a pane in the ass for them.

Im from germany and Mindfactory.de is our cheapest online retailer for hardware(PC) and if they dont want to deal with that, is ok.

We got atture retailers like Caseking.de or Alternate and they will ship outside of germany...but it costs more sadly :/

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It's quite common for shops in Europe to only sell in their country of origin, sometimes also neighbouring countries that have a good logistical relation. It's a shame though, the disparity in Europe is worrying but seems like the first thing that goes overboard when costs need to be cut.

Reactions: Biowarejak