Mike from Hardware Canucks Saying HI!

Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

Mike here, owner & Editor in Chief of Hardware Canucks. I'm thinking some of you may have seen my passive ITX and Sentry build update recently.

Anyways, long story short, I've decided to finally start posting here (no video spam, promise!) since I've been reading the posts for years now and would love to get feedback and input from the community for projects, ideas, etc that I've got brewing. This place has proven to be invaluable for ideas and build feedback in the past.

So, hello all and great to be here. :)

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Hello SKYMTL, it's a small, small world.

Got one for you. Power supplies; not just SFX ones. I'm talking HDPLEX's, Pico PSU's, G-UNIQUE's, TFX ones and especially Flex ATX/1U ones. Would be cool if there was more mainstream attention on these sort of power supply form factors to encourage their development. A silent, GAN-based Flex ATX PSU would be a game changer in the space.

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
Welcome, big fan of your videos! How about one testing various sff cases from Aliexpress? Should be fun and insightful to watch, as there are lots of options :D

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Welcome aboard! Hopefully you've seen our written content as well 😉

SKYMTL

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 23, 2022
www.youtube.com
Welcome, big fan of your videos! How about one testing various sff cases from Aliexpress? Should be fun and insightful to watch, as there are lots of options :D
Have any suggestions? Navigating AliExpress is like running around blind in a minefield. If there's been some interest in some particular cases, we might be willing to get them out!

Welcome aboard! Hopefully you've seen our written content as well 😉
I've actually been reading it for the last year or so. :)

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Have any suggestions? Navigating AliExpress is like running around blind in a minefield. If there's been some interest in some particular cases, we might be willing to get them out!

I've actually been reading it for the last year or so. :)
I would actually like to see your results with Thermalright coolers, both their their low profile coolers (AXP90 series) and their tower coolers(PA120, FC140 etc). I think they have an Amazon shopfront for their stuff now, but isn’t the most updated with their recent offerings.

I think they would make a good comparison to fantastic work you done with the CPU cooler series.

As for cases, I think the Mechanic Master C24/C26/C28/C34 would be a good starting point, that doesn’t have much coverage in the western parts of the world, and that could be attributed to the high shipping costs too.

Love the work you and the team has put into the channel and hoping to see more on the channel and from you here!

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Welcome to the SFF club Mike, hope you'll enjoy your stay with us! :)

Feel free to hop into our Discord if you ever feel like it, loads of ideas, creativity, brainstorming etc are floating around in there as well. Not all of them gets posted here unfortunately.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017

Mike here, owner & Editor in Chief of Hardware Canucks. I'm thinking some of you may have seen my passive ITX and Sentry build update recently.

Anyways, long story short, I've decided to finally start posting here (no video spam, promise!) since I've been reading the posts for years now and would love to get feedback and input from the community for projects, ideas, etc that I've got brewing. This place has proven to be invaluable for ideas and build feedback in the past.

Welcome Mike! Glad to have you here. I loved those builds. Your channel has been one I watched for inspiration myself. Can't wait to see what you work on next.

Reactions: Dawelio

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

Hi @SKYMTL of Hardware Canucks, welcome on board!

We have no doubt that you'll be a good forum member - that said we remind even our celebrity posters about our forum's terms, conditions and rules 😁😁😁

(Fine print: it is especially important to read them if you are wanting to buy or sell, as the information you need to gain access to that subforum is all in there)

Like what others have said, it's really awesome to have you here. Have fun!

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Welcome to our humble forum, this is a friendly second family, nobody's been bitten ... yet 😁

We have no doubt that you'll be a good forum member - that said we remind even our celebrity posters about our forum's terms, conditions and rules 😁😁😁

Damn you @ignsvn, you ninja'd me .... *thinking out loud* I could still edit his post and be the one ... 👹

Last edited:

SKYMTL

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 23, 2022
www.youtube.com
I would actually like to see your results with Thermalright coolers, both their their low profile coolers (AXP90 series) and their tower coolers(PA120, FC140 etc). I think they have an Amazon shopfront for their stuff now, but isn’t the most updated with their recent offerings.

I think they would make a good comparison to fantastic work you done with the CPU cooler series.
Its so fully you should say that since I'm actually working on a part of that cooler series for the SFF community right now.

One of the main challenges continues to be finding a lot of the coolers in Canada or even shipped up from the States with them getting lost in some customs black hole. Luckily I've already had an AXP-90 X47 Cu and AXP-100 Full Copper here since 2020 since our contact with Thermalright has dried up.

Maybe I'll make a post about this separately since I'd love to throw the list of coolers out there for the community as a whole to comment on. :)
Hi @SKYMTL of Hardware Canucks, welcome on board!

(Fine print: it is especially important to read them if you are wanting to buy or sell, as the information you need to gain access to that subforum is all in there)

Like what others have said, it's really awesome to have you here. Have fun!

Thanks! Can't wait to contribute more!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
@SKYMTL welcome to our forum, glad to see you around here sharing in our niche world, after seeing HWC go bananas over good SFF cases. We also go bananas over good SFF cases.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawelio