Enclosure Metalfish T40 Alternative

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I've been looking at the T40 and asked a few questions to Metalfish who have replied in a basic way.
Annoyingly I have missed the extra discount from the sale, not knowing how long it was going to run for.
The case looks OK, but I think I would have new metal side panels made.
Can anyone recommend a more premium all metal alternative to the T40?
I'm looking for SFX PSU compatibility, upright tower design, ~7-8L, sandwich design up to 200mm GPU.

I've seen that ZS cases do an A4L, which may work. Any feed back on it would be appreciated too

Thanks

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Can anyone recommend a more premium all metal alternative to the T40?
I'm looking for SFX PSU compatibility, upright tower design, ~7-8L, sandwich design up to 200mm GPU.

I've seen that ZS cases do an A4L, which may work. Any feed back on it would be appreciated too

Thanks
Premium quality and price go hand in hand.

T40 is more at the lower end of the spectrum. If you go to the other end, COOJ MQ6 (6.8L) is one of those sitting at the top.

https://cooj.cc/products/sparrow-mq6-6-8l-one-piece-aluminum-itx-pc-case

Scaling back a little, Aklla A3 (8.8L) is a worthy consideration.

ZS A4L does not fit all your requirement, particularly the product official webpage lists max GPU length at 182mm (shorter than your 200mm target), but other than that, it might work.

If you accept shorter-than-200mm-GPU, then I can think of a few more.

Eg Acat S1 v2.0 (7.2l) might be a good choice. (194mm max GPU length)

Edit 1:-

1 more for your consideration
Captain S. v6.1 (7.1L, 180mm GPU length)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz and Arboreal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Thanks for the suggestions, particularly @tinyitx with those detailed Taobao links.
I can't see Taobao from the UK without signing up.
I have an MSI GTX1650 Aero ITX, so currently 170mm would be OK.
I'll have another look but am now not in a hurry as I have bought something on eBay UK which will work for a while.
I'll post when it's arrived safely

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I can't see Taobao from the UK without signing up.
The top 3 Taobao links are Taobao's world links and I think (not sure 100%) you should be able to go in without signing up.
The last one for Captain S. does, however, need logging in.

Anyway, I think you can find all the cases in Aliexpress or google their names for more info and spec.
(Aliexpress is usually more expensive but it is in English and you can deal with directly. Taobao is often cheaper but it is in Chinese and so you need an agent to help you and this will costs more. At the end of the day, I cannot say which route is cheaper. If you wish, spend some time to explore.)

Reactions: Arboreal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Thank you again tiny, I will do more research without hurrying. I am interested to see what is, available on Aliexpress.

Although it's not my first choice of case form factor, what I have bought is an SFF classic.