SFF.Network Many 200-Series Motherboards Leaked ahead of CES

With Intel's Kaby Lake soon to be released, many motherboard manufacturers are gearing up for their Intel chipset 200-series lineup. Although new features over the 100-series are limited, this did not keep board manufacturers from innovating and trying to bring something unique to the table.

Read more here.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
If the performance of Ryzen is indeed what it is purported to be, then, being that the AM4 socket is supposed to support the entire AMD range, I'm sure we'll see a good variety of AM4 socket motherboards.

Can someone verify if the M.2 on the Strix Z270I is on the top and goes over the chipset heatsink? That'd be cool if it did...

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Pretty sure you can see the anchoring screw for the M.2 on the I/O side of the chipset heatsink.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Looks like it's using the M.2 heatsink feature, which would explain why the chipset heatsink is so big.

Stumbler

Caliper Novice
Oct 16, 2016
rekt, will be returning my 6700 & z170i pro gaming mobo and getting that z270i and 7700 now.

YESHH

Reactions: 3lfk1ng

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
First thing I think I want to do when I get that board is rip off the RoG sticker from the chipset heatsink. Anyone proficient with photoshop able to edit that photo to see what it'd look like without the logo?

Reactions: Phuncz

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Can you picture that board in the silver NFC S4 Mini? Gonna be a perfect match IMOs

Reactions: Stumbler

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
So I'm looking into front panel modules to go with that USB 3.1 header on the back of the Strix board. Anyone know where to find them, because I'm coming up with nothing.

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Thanks!

Also I found a couple more ITX motherboards from the leaked photos as well as a couple better views:

- On the Strix you can clearly see the M.2 card does in fact go under the chipset heatsink
- Looks like the Fatal1ty has the M.2 on the back of the board

The Strix board seriously puts everything else to shame. I don't think another board is going to come close to it this generation unless its the Impact IX

Last edited:

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Yep, that Strix board is a big step up from Asus Z170 offerings. I'd prefer having the M.2 in the back, but on the front isn't too bad. The icing on the cake would be if it supported Thunderbolt 3.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
What's kind of weird is that only ASUS boards seem to have a USB3.1 front connector. Hopefully that's not some weird exclusivity thing again like Gigabyte and Thunderbolt 3.

The Strix board seriously puts everything else to shame. I don't think another board is going to come close to it this generation unless its the Impact IX

rekt, will be returning my 6700 & z170i pro gaming mobo and getting that z270i and 7700 now.

Seriously, this looks like one of the best mITX board to have ever existed, even the I/O is phenomenally good.

Yep, that Strix board is a big step up from Asus Z170 offerings. I'd prefer having the M.2 in the back, but on the front isn't too bad. The icing on the cake would be if it supported Thunderbolt 3.

I really hope so. The USB-C port is there, so there certainly is hope for it.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Though the fact that MSI only saw fit to use it on their highest-end ATX motherboard makes me wonder what kind of pricing the ITX Asus Strix will have :\