M2 wireless card periodically disconnects

Morris

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 9, 2017
I have a GIGABYTE GA-H270N-WIFI motherboard. Periodically, Bluetooth devices will disconnect. Bluetooth will either be visible in the taskbar or missing. I find the only way to fix the issue is by manually unplugging the card and reconnecting. It's always firmly connected when I do so, so it's not a loose connection.

Has anyone had a similar issue before?

Figured it's worth asking before ordering a replacement card.

Reactions: Biowarejak

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
Bluetooth can be finnicky inside of some computer cases, I've personally had generally bad luck using wifi cards inside of "desktop" computers for Bluetooth.

Make sure you have quality antennas, and like Nightblade suggested, make sure all you drivers/software are up to date.

How far are the devices you're trying to use from the system? What kind of devices are they?

Morris

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 9, 2017
The driver is up to date. I use a Bluetooth keyboard that’s usually within 3 feet of the case.

I’ve started to use WiFi vs Ethernet to see if that cuts out at the same time, since it uses the same card.

Morris

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 9, 2017
Wireless continues to work after bluetooth cuts out. The bluetooth device in "device manager" becomes "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)", which is interesting since it's connected by M2, not USB.

Morris

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 9, 2017
I replaced the card, antennas, and the cables that go between and the issue persists. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. Last thing I can think of would it being a motherboard issue.

I'll keep poking around, but I wanted to shoot off an update in case anyone else finds this thread after having a similar issue.

Reactions: Phuncz