M1 ncase + AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XTREME?

fArGo

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 26, 2019
My first post!

I just ordered my M1 today. I am looking for a 2080 TI card that will fit the case. I'd like to tick the following boxes:

A) Fits in the M1 Ncase
B) 2080Ti
C) A card that is not scaled down in clock speed compared to the reference card (usually shorter cards are)
D) Has more than one display port

Will the Gigabyte AORUS fit in the M1? In theory it should correct? But perhaps different in real life?

Perhaps not the most optimal card for the case but there are advantages such as being stock overclocked and having three display ports working at the same time. Here are the dimensions from their product page:

Depth:
290 mm

Height:
59.9 mm

Width:
134.3 mm

If not feel free suggesting another card that fulfills A, B, C & D

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
It's three slots thick (~60mm), and unfortunately the bottom slot is limited to around 280mm due to the front I/O. So at least on paper the card won't fit.

fArGo

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 26, 2019
Ok I see.

My second preferred option would be Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC HDMI 3XDP 11GB

Dimensions are L=286.5 W=114.5 H=50.2 mm whereas the width (and height) here is my main concern. I was thinking using low profile PCIE 90 degree power cables but I am afraid it will not be enough room regardless...

Alternatively:

Gigabyte GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC 11G

But then the card is even wider but I am thinking the low profile power cables will compensate for that and it will still fit...?

L=280.35 W=116.45 H=40.24 mm

Thanks for the support.

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The second card is dual slot (~40mm) and will fit easily. The first card is 2.5 slot (~50mm) so is subject to the third slot limitation. On paper, it's about 6mm too long, but there's is a bit of wiggle room due to this space being occupied by the front I/O cables rather than anything hard, plus it being only 2.5 slots (rather than 3) gets you back a little space to work with. Bottom line, it should be okay, but if you really want to play it safe, the second card is a better bet.

The width shouldn't be an issue with either card, as it's well within the limit of 140mm (allowing 15-20mm for the PCIe power connectors).

Dabobvilla

What's an ITX?
Mar 24, 2019
I'm looking at a similar build .how will the gpu heat be with that 2 slot card?

My current PC has the CPU and gpu's water cooled so this would be my first build replying on air flow for gpu so I'm trying to get as much info as possible .