BEST choice for RTX 3090 deshrouding mod in Ncase M1 — ?

HES

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Dec 21, 2020
Can you please tell me what are the BEST card for RTX 3090 deshrouding mod? Tuf? ventus? or?

Need to used in Ncase M1 case.

yimingwuzere

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2020
I would presume one of the wider GPUs that barely fit the Ncase. I have a deshrouded Zotac 3080 Holo, and there is some static pressure loss as the fans stick out ~15mm or so from the edge of the heatsink.

Reactions: HES

einmannbude

Caliper Novice
May 22, 2016
I just tried to fit the Gigabyte RTX 3080 Vision OC. I think the 3090 has the same dimensions. There is plenty of room - by SFF means. I did not thermal test it yet. I feel like 2x 140mm fans would cover more of the GPU's heat sink than the 120mm fans I used until now for my 1080 Ti.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
The 3090 TUF OC fits perfectly in the M1 and doesn’t need deshrouding, but does need 180° low profile pcie connectors. But if you want to deshroud it, it will fit with a coupe, of Noctuas at the bottom.

D

Deleted member 23607

I just tried to fit the Gigabyte RTX 3080 Vision OC. I think the 3090 has the same dimensions. There is plenty of room - by SFF means. I did not thermal test it yet. I feel like 2x 140mm fans would cover more of the GPU's heat sink than the 120mm fans I used until now for my 1080 Ti.

Doesn't look like a good deshroud candidate. Too much space between fan and heatsink.

baldclub

Efficiency Noob
Dec 7, 2020
I just picked up my NCase M1 that some decent guys here in Ottawa worked on for me (RB Computing). I had the MSI RTX 3090 Ventus 3X OC deshrouded and the front IO is intact, except for the audio header. Good to go here!

D

Deleted member 23607

I just picked up my NCase M1 that some decent guys here in Ottawa worked on for me (RB Computing). I had the MSI RTX 3090 Ventus 3X OC deshrouded and the front IO is intact, except for the audio header. Good to go here!
Coil whine from GPU in audio?

baldclub

Efficiency Noob
Dec 7, 2020
Coil whine from GPU in audio?
Not sure what you mean, like if the card whines when playing audio? No.

But. I did manage to hit 90 C today after playing Cyberpunk 2077! And I definitely heard the card make some whining sound. Let me explain: I followed M1AF's build guide but haven't undervolted yet or set the AIO fan curve in the BIOS yet. AND. My system is in a bit of an enclosure and I need to drill a hole for better breathability, maybe even put a fan there. Otherwise it is running fairly cool in mundane use, high 50s for CPU and mid 30s for idling GPU.

D

Deleted member 23607

Not sure what you mean, like if the card whines when playing audio? No.

But. I did manage to hit 90 C today after playing Cyberpunk 2077! And I definitely heard the card make some whining sound. Let me explain: I followed M1AF's build guide but haven't undervolted yet or set the AIO fan curve in the BIOS yet. AND. My system is in a bit of an enclosure and I need to drill a hole for better breathability, maybe even put a fan there. Otherwise it is running fairly cool in mundane use, high 50s for CPU and mid 30s for idling GPU.

People complain the front I/O audio gets interference from the GPU often.