GPU Low Profile GPU's - Where are they?

saxx0510

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 14, 2019
So I've been waiting for a while now to pick up a GTX1650 low profile card, Zotac & MSI have 'released' theirs and Asus announced theirs 2 days ago, but to date I haven't seen any of them advertised for sale anywhere.
Am I better off just buying a 1050ti for less money or hold out longer for the new cards ?

Reactions: owliwar

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
there was stock at newegg.ca and a couple other canadian stores for a little while, a few weeks at most, but now it's OOS everywhere, since maybe a week ago or so!

Reactions: Copernicus

cheese

Efficiency Noob
Aug 31, 2019
is there a high demand for these from a crypto mining perspective? seems like they've been hard to find for quite some time.

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
is there a high demand for these from a crypto mining perspective? seems like they've been hard to find for quite some time.
I think the crypto mining boom has been over for a while now. Graphics cards have gone back down in price and back up in availability.

Probably the biggest reason the LP variants are so rare would be the relatively small base of customers compared to full-sized cards. Add in the beating the 1650 took in the press against the RX 570, and I have little doubt that card manufacturers were a bit leery about investing in this card.

Also of note, Zotac has in fact already pushed their first batch of cards to pretty much the entire planet; everywhere, that is, except the US. I would guess that the ongoing trade war has something to do with that...

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
here in Brazil no signs of this card also. and the LP 1050ti is hella expensive. sigh
They didnt even launched here, so its probably a low volume production

Reactions: Copernicus