Other Looking to monitor 0-5v pressure sensor remotely... Software?

schmauster

Case Bender
Original poster
Feb 11, 2019
Im trying to set up a remote pressure monitoring system for multiple air pressure spots. I have 4 points at air lines and tanks I need to keep an eye on, hopefully to add actuators later.

I figure i can use cheap oil pressure sensors that are 0-5v DC but i am unsure how I will get the info to display on the Mini PC or how to interface with it in general. Would this require programming or is there some flexible software around?

Thanks guys

Penguin

Trash Compacter
Jul 25, 2018
The sensor likely has some I2C or similar interface. Use that to get information to whatever you are using to interface with it.

If you link the datasheet to the sensor we might have an easier time helping out :)

schmauster

Case Bender
Original poster
Feb 11, 2019
I was still trying to figure out the hardware before, now that i should have a capable platform, off we go.

Ive been slowly learning coding for an Arduino on Arduino IDE. Should have gotten one of these a long time ago. I should be able to answer my own questions via searching for a while. Ive got plenty to get me going. Thank you :)

Aux

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2018
The Aquacomputer Aquaero says it can monitor pressure sensors, if that helps, before you get your arduino functioning. And you could use it to compare validity of data when the arduino works. ..