Log Personal Meshilicious Build - Empty space galore..

Kaji

Doesn't own a caliper
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Jun 1, 2020
I present my build, main components consist of:

CPU - Intel 11900KF

GPU - Zotac RTX3070 (Twin Edge)

RAM - 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Royal Elite (3600MHz C14)

PSU - Corsair SF750

SSD - Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2TB (PCI4.0) + Sabrent Rocket 2TB (PCI3.0)

Motherboard - Gigabyte Z590i Vision D

Watercooling parts consist of:

Radiator - HardwareLabs 280GTS X-Flow

CPU Block - Optimus Foundation (Pro XE Nickel + Black Acetal)

GPU Block - Bykski N-ST3070XG-X (Acrylic with DRGB)

Pump - Bitspower K1M

Fans - Arctic P14 (x2)

Reservior - IceMan combo res

Coolant - Koolance 702 (Red)

Tubing - EK ZMT (ID 3/8 OD 5/8)

Fittings - All Bitspower Silver

Controller - Aquacomputer Quadro

Description:

Had been using smaller cases and sticking with AMD for some time due to the excellent thermal efficiency but ended up running into constant minor and major problems on the platform, was reluctant to switch back to Intel but I figured I could make it work in the SSUPD Meshilicious so I began building.

11900KF is delidded, delidding dropped average temps by approximately 10c (wow!). Have made NO tuning edits to either CPU nor GPU other than bumping the all core boost in BIOS from (I think) 4.7 to 4.9GHz. Apart from that, all parts are running stock. Coolant at idle is typically 2-5c above ambient keeping both CPU and GPU in the high 20s to mid 30s, maximum temps (Furmark + Prime95) hit approximately 82c on CPU and 65c on GPU core (75c hotspot), normal gaming temps (Apex, FH5 at the moment) sit about 60c on CPU and 55 on GPU. As for noise levels, the P14s are exceptional, I have a minimum PWM power of about 40% as this is practically inaudible, and my curve rises exponentially allowing a maximum PWM power of 100% @ 45c coolant temp, although I have yet to see it over 39c during gaming. 100% PWM power is inaudible when headphones are worn, and surprisingly not unpleasant without.

P14s are running as exhaust, I believe this is an uncommon setup in the SSUPD Meshilicious, CPU and GPU temps may be every so slightly higher than if fans were setup as intake but this way allows the entire case to keep ice cold, along with all other motherboard/SSD temps. VRM hasn't been observed over 55c.

Overall I am exceptionally happy with the build, after cramming parts in cases such as the Dan A4, FormD T1, Ncase M1, it's been quite refreshing working on something that gives users easy access to basically any component. Surprisingly (at least for me), I am a big fan of how open and empty the case feels, I gather this may be a contributing factor as to why the 280GTS can handle 450W full synthetic load without pushing coolant temps to absurd levels. If anyone is curious about the K1M pump from Bitspower, it's excellent, not your standard DDC but it's dead silent, sucks about 4 watts of power with my config, and moves enough water without issue, even through the tight fins of the Optimus block. Definitely recommended.

I have posted more or less a repeat of this on Reddit if someone was wondering if they've seen it before.

Another CPU side shot, displaying the EPS cable, with no way to route it behind the motherboard (chunky mobo backplate), I chose this approach, discretely ziptying it to the rear of the case to keep it in place.

GPU side, a lot of space. Considered filling it with the HDD bracket (and dual 3.5" HDDs) but ended up rolling with the empty/clean feel. Kinda fell in love with it.

Sneakily mounted my Aquacomputer Quadro to the spine, drilled and tapped holes for it. Quadro powering the two fans, pump, and two temp sensors, one being on the rear of the case, and another as an in-line coolant sensor. Used stock Corsair PSU molex cable but trimmed the daisy-chain of extra connectors, so it's just the one, straight from PSU.

Top down, managed to clean up the front IO cables. Those along with the 24p are all black and blend in well to the radiator making them less obvious. GPU side of the PCI riser is not actually attached to the case at all, being perfect length, there's really no way it's coming loose. GPU is mounted as per usual on the rear of the case, but also using a ziptie or two (buffered with a silicone pad) to the spine of the case behind the radiator (you may be able to spot one).

Rear shot, Iceman combo res with Bitspower K1M pump, Koolance 702 inside. Managed to route an external temp sensor too, mostly unnecessary but interesting to have stats on case/immedia proximity air temp.

Fortunately for me (since I hate having additional software especially for RGB), the Vision D motherboard's default DRGB colour is white.

A controlled 60-minute light usage temp readout (discord/web browsing). Ambient at 20c. Obviously not indicative of much but grateful for the tight deltas between coolant and core.

Thanks for checking out my build! if you have any comments of questions feel free to post :)

Last edited:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Gorgeous! a lot neater than mine. Love the cable and tubing routing. I really should get some photos of my Meshlicious build...

Reactions: Valantar and eedev

Kaji

Doesn't own a caliper
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Jun 1, 2020
Gorgeous! a lot neater than mine. Love the cable and tubing routing. I really should get some photos of my Meshlicious build...
Thanks!! You really should, did you finish it already? :eek:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Phase 1 is complete. Not happy with it for pump/ras/wiring though

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
So clean and organized!
I suspect you have mysophobia.😎
Get ready as I am going to throw a curveball.😷 How come 1 of the 3 screws holding the display card is shorter than the other 2?

OK, a real curious question:- for all the component temps listed above, was the ambient temp always at 20C?

Reactions: Kaji

Kaji

Doesn't own a caliper
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Jun 1, 2020
So clean and organized!
I suspect you have mysophobia.😎
Get ready as I am going to throw a curveball.😷 How come 1 of the 3 screws holding the display card is shorter than the other 2?

OK, a real curious question:- for all the component temps listed above, was the ambient temp always at 20C?
Ha ha, you got me, I did notice that a while back and sat on the thought for a while but ultimately decided my excuse is that the GPU only uses the two so it made sense (sorta). But now that it's come to my attention again I dunno if I can leave it that way 😅

As for the ambient, yes, all temps were conducted with AC at 20c. How accurate the thermostat is I don't know but external case temps aren't too far off @ idle 👍

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Ha ha, you got me, I did notice that a while back and sat on the thought for a while but ultimately decided my excuse is that the GPU only uses the two so it made sense (sorta). But now that it's come to my attention again I dunno if I can leave it that way 😅

As for the ambient, yes, all temps were conducted with AC at 20c. How accurate the thermostat is I don't know but external case temps aren't too far off @ idle 👍
Did you measure the ambient temp with the thermal sensor at the rear of the case? I hope not. Its proximity to the PSU and GPU exhausts will make its reading neither accurate nor too meaningful. The reading should be higher than the actual ambient temp in the larger context. To this regard, I wonder if the 'chassis temp' (21.8-22C) as in the aquasuite software is reflecting this slightly higher temp than the room AC (20C).

So, may I suggest, relocate that probe to the inside of the front panel as I reckon that measuring the temp of the air entering into the case/going through the rad is more interesting.

Reactions: Kaji

Kaji

Doesn't own a caliper
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Jun 1, 2020
Did you measure the ambient temp with the thermal sensor at the rear of the case? I hope not. Its proximity to the PSU and GPU exhausts will make its reading neither accurate nor too meaningful. The reading should be higher than the actual ambient temp in the larger context. To this regard, I wonder if the 'chassis temp' (21.8-22C) as in the aquasuite software is reflecting this slightly higher temp than the room AC (20C).

So, may I suggest, relocate that probe to the inside of the front panel as I reckon that measuring the temp of the air entering into the case/going through the rad is more interesting.
Thank you for the tips! As mentioned in the post, I actually have the front fans in exhaust, so temperature of air surrounding the back or sides of the case should be somewhat indicative of an intake temp. As for the minor increase in temp vs the 20c of my AC, you're likely spot-on about it being slightly higher due to PSU heat, I suspect there may be a little bit of a warm pocket there too since the pump and (warmer than ambient) coolant sit in relative proximity. Although I could probably place the sensor more appropriately, having it in the warmest part of my intake is also an interesting stat to have.