Log Looking for case recommendations

hahler2

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 6, 2019
I'm currently using a 5800 x3d with a 240 mm aio and a reference 7900 xtx in Ncase M1. Performance is very good! Just looking to change things up a little bit. So I thought I'd give a new case a try. Looking for recommendations. The two things I'd like to have is better gpu compatibility than the M1 and better thermals would be a plus too.

ASCii

(ツ)
Jan 7, 2017
If you are happy with the Lian Li constructed NCase, might suggest looking into the DAN case variants

hahler2

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 6, 2019
I have been looking at the A4-H2O. Also been looking at the CoolerMaster NR200. Any idea how do compare thermal wise to the Ncase?

hahler2

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 6, 2019
That's what I assumed. My only concern would be exhausting the air through the AiO. So I wonder if it wouldn't be better gpu thermals at the cost of cpu thermals going up.

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
If you want better thermals and better GPU compatibility at all cost, you will need to move to a significantly larger case. I guess the NR200P would be a decent choice then. You can also look maybe at a Sliger S620 if you are willing to spend a pit more.

hahler2

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 6, 2019
I've never heard of the Sliger S620. I'll check that one out.

I may just end up going back to a regular mid tower. I love my SFF builds but there are definitely some downsides.

ctr1

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 12, 2023
I've never heard of the Sliger S620. I'll check that one out.

I may just end up going back to a regular mid tower. I love my SFF builds but there are definitely some downsides.

I can vouch for the Sliger S620 and what you can build in it. My first SFFPC build was a couple years ago with a 5950x + Noctua DH15s + 6900xt reference card. You can put a lot of different parts in it and should last you a while over time for upgrades (if you want).

Reactions: rfarmer

doP

Chassis Packer
Jan 28, 2018
I just swaped from Ncase M1 to Meshlicious black full mesh✌️
I7 10700k & rtx 3080ti after few hours of gameplay just reach around 70+ for Cpu and 75 degrees for Gpu in a enough warm room.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snerual and rfarmer