Concept Litecase - 13.4L Vertical ITX Case Coming Soon from Artesian Builds

ratherlargepie

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 2, 2018

Litecase is a 13.4 liter vertical SFF case designed to support 3-slot graphics cards, 240mm AIOs, all while taking up less desk space than a mousepad. I started designing Litecase in October of 2019 hoping to one day make it a reality but without enough resources or time to get it done. Recently, /u/Artesian on Reddit offered to help finish the job. We are currently in the early stages of prototyping and getting closer to a final design.

In this most recent design, I had to increase some dimensions to make sure Litecase can accommodate an exhaust fan as well as two intake fans. Even with the added space, it still has a smaller footprint than all but the smallest SFF cases.

As you all know, now is a hard time to get anything done, but we will be keeping you posted about changes, pricing, and eventually, a release date!

Current Specs:
13.4L
185x180x410mm

GPU Clearance:
140mm width
323mm length
60mm depth

CPU Cooler Clearance:
100mm
73mm with intake fans

Drive Support:
3 x 2.5” drives

Fan Support:
2x120mm or 2x140mm intake fans
(1x120mm or 240mm radiator)*
1x140mm exhaust fan

PSU Support:
SFX

I/O:
2xUSB 3.0 Type A

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
The embedded imgur media is somehow broken? But I was able to see the image by looking at the source code & manually copy paste it into my browser.

Anw, one thing I don't really understand - is this a sandwich or traditional layout? From the image, it looks like sandwich layout, but then why is it so thick at 180mm?

Edit: ok I see that you're trying to provide 100mm CPU cooler clearance.

manoueltiger

Trash Compacter
Mar 10, 2020
Wonderful.
It’s funny to see so much cases that look like the nzxt h1 but this design is so good !
I love it !

i hope you will finish this project ;)

Reactions: bricemx

kw1ck

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 10, 2020
The embedded imgur media is somehow broken? But I was able to see the image by looking at the source code & manually copy paste it into my browser.

Anw, one thing I don't really understand - is this a sandwich or traditional layout? From the image, it looks like sandwich layout, but then why is it so thick at 180mm?

Edit: ok I see that you're trying to provide 100mm CPU cooler clearance.

The H1 is bigger and is also a sandwich layout

Reactions: bricemx

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
Have you considered producing also a smaller version of this idea for 2-slot graphics cards and 70mm cpu coolers?

Good job with the design and best of lucks with the project.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
The H1 is bigger and is also a sandwich layout

Not sure why you made a comparison with H1 (what is H1 btw?)

But yeah I re-read the first post & I understood that it's 180mm because OP wanted to support 100mm CPU cooler.

kw1ck

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 10, 2020
Not sure why you made a comparison with H1 (what is H1 btw?)

But yeah I re-read the first post & I understood that it's 180mm because OP wanted to support 100mm CPU cooler.

Sorry I meant the NZXT H1 is 186mm x 186mm and is also a sandwich layout and it's also around that size to fit the 140mm rad in front of the mobo.

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
Very pretty, looks like a finer H1 to me too. Nice, understated, classic design. But I don't see why you would prioritize type-A USB ports over type-C ports. Instantly dates the case, imo.