List of Mini-ITX/DTX motherboards with a Key A header (for front panel USB C)

littlefatwolf

Case Bender
New User
Aug 26, 2019
I planned to buy ROG Strix B450-I. But now, it seems I need to pay twice more to make the front type-c work :)

Just checked ROG Strix X570-I, no 20-pin from the picture either. Hope Asus can add it before official release.

Kaiede

Chassis Packer
Jul 16, 2019
I planned to buy ROG Strix B450-I. But now, it seems I need to pay twice more to make the front type-c work

Just checked ROG Strix X570-I, no 20-pin from the picture either. Hope Asus can add it before official release.

I wouldn’t count on it. Those sort of changes require PCB relayout usually, and that’s time consuming to do through a new round of engineering samples/etc. Once they are showing it in public, they’re usually trying to nail down firmware and final parts suppliers.

I’m planning to go with the blank plate on the front. But I don’t really need it for a gaming rig.

Dries

Caliper Novice
Aug 3, 2019
Can you connect a rear usb-c with the front header? From a stylish point of view absolutely not pretty. But i don't want to pay for the 400 dollar assus x570.
ASRock X470 Gaming-ITX/AC had got a rear usb-c

ps -ef

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
Can you connect a rear usb-c with the front header? From a stylish point of view absolutely not pretty. But i don't want to pay for the 400 dollar assus x570.
ASRock X470 Gaming-ITX/AC had got a rear usb-c

Cannot find a cable that is USB-C male to Type-E female.
If you manage to find one please share :D

TasteTheBean

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 30, 2019
Does anyone know if there will be clearance issues by using the ASUS Crossimpact, it's expansion card for M.2, and a Kraken X52?

Hohyss

Caliper Novice
Aug 17, 2019
Hi all, some friends at home today but i answer soon :)
Find at alternate.de (or .fr) and install in futur M1 V6 and on a benchtable now.

Nazirite

Caliper Novice
Jul 11, 2019
The crosshair VIII would be tempting if it fit w/sound card with 2070 super and no bottom fans. Motherboard is the last remaining piece I’ll need once the M1 preorders ship.

TasteTheBean

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 30, 2019
Does it shift the graphics down, i.e. making the compatible list of GPU different? I ordered the EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra, already knowing I can not add fans beneath it.

TasteTheBean

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 30, 2019
depth 76mm with conector

The maximum height of an air cooled CPU cooler is: 130mm with side fan bracket installed, 135mm without.

NZXT Kraken X52 has a radiator thickness of 30mm. Add the fans, 25mm, for a total of 55mm.

That means there's an allowed clearance of 75mm.

Is my math wrong or would we be forced to use thin fans?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
The maximum height of an air cooled CPU cooler is: 130mm with side fan bracket installed, 135mm without.

NZXT Kraken X52 has a radiator thickness of 30mm. Add the fans, 25mm, for a total of 55mm.

That means there's an allowed clearance of 75mm.

Is my math wrong or would we be forced to use thin fans?
If you use the Kraken you have to use the fan bracket to attach it to, won't have the clearance for the Crosshair.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
There's actually quite a bit of space vertically between the GPU and the fan bracket - over 32mm in the upper mounting position:

This should be more than enough for the Crosshair's expansion card.

Last edited:

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
There's actually quite a bit of space vertically between the GPU and the fan bracket - over 32mm in the upper mounting position:

This should be more than enough for the Crosshair's expansion card.

What CAD program is that?

The dimension text looks like Alibre's default font.

Sdedarally

Cable Smoosher
Aug 28, 2019
length 96mm
depth 76mm with conector
thickness 16mm with radiator

Setup Ok with Noctua NH-C14S

Edit : Some photos

Are you saying that with the SO--DIMM.2 card installed, the Noctua C14S is still able to fit properly?

Last edited: