Kraken x53 + nf-a12x15-pwm fans at the Bottom ?

Theai

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 1, 2020
This is the system that I am consider to build https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/vpkFCL . I would like to gradually move to a custom loop (cpu/gpu). In the mean time I am considering using a kraken-x53 and replacing the 2 fans with a low profile ones (nf-a12x15-pwm). Do you guys think that there is enough room for the radiator and fans to place them at the bottom? Not sure if the hoses are long enough to reach the cpu :-/

I would like to be able to see the X53 display :-).

BTW is it possible to get a tempered glass panel?

Last edited:

Raptor5150

Cable Smoosher
New User
Feb 9, 2020
If you use an x53 (i will be mounting mine in my new V6 this week) You will not be able to use a glass side panel or even see the pump block with all the pretty rgb.. The rad will be in the way no matter what.

Theai

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 1, 2020
If you use an x53 (i will be mounting mine in my new V6 this week) You will not be able to use a glass side panel or even see the pump block with all the pretty rgb.. The rad will be in the way no matter what.
That is why I said that I would like to place the radiator at the bottom.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I have a xspc radiator (20mm thick) with two nf-a12x15-pwm fans down there, and the room left between the fans and the waterblock of the gpu is just the with of a usb connector... so if you dont´watercool the gpu thre is no way you can put anything under the gou, theres not that much room.

Reactions: Theai

Theai

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 1, 2020
I have a xspc radiator (20mm thick) with two nf-a12x15-pwm fans down there, and the room left between the fans and the waterblock of the gpu is just the with of a usb connector... so if you dont´watercool the gpu thre is no way you can put anything under the gou, theres not that much room.

You are 100% right! I won’t get the x53 and instead I will get a NH-U9S, just to keep my cpu cool. once I reload my account I will migrate to a Custom loop!

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Its definetly the way to go. You can put a xspc 20mm rad on the bottom and a 92mm rad on the back of the case also and still have a side window.

Reactions: Theai

kllerbee

Efficiency Noob
Aug 14, 2019
Its definetly the way to go. You can put a xspc 20mm rad on the bottom and a 92mm rad on the back of the case also and still have a side window.

If only ultra thin xspc and 2 NF-a12x15 at the bottom, would that be enough to cool a cpu and gpu? Or you really need that 92mm rad at the side?

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I don´t know for sure. I guess is doable, but you´ll probably have to assume some tradeoffs in form of noise and maybe undervolt a bit, or even underclock depending on what yopu are planning to cool with it.

Look at how optimumtech can cool down a 2080ti and a 990k with a sinlge alphacool 240mm and 30mm rad... this xspc rad is not much worse, so you can do it, but taking care of temps, making proper testing and undervolting whatever you need. It would be a nice project.