Cooling Koolance low profile elbow NZL-LXG2 alternative?

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Aug 12, 2016
In my SFF loop, the traditional 90deg elbows are way too big.

The Koolance low profile elbow is perfect, and rather popular among SFF loop builders, at ~19mm tall instead of ~30mm of regular elbows. https://koolance.com/fitting-single-swiveling-elbow-low-profile

But it's not available in the UK 😞 And the shipping is pretty mental if buying from Koolance direct (around $70 just for shipping plus tax plus customs so over $100, excluding the parts).

So does anyone know a rotary elbow that's equally low profile please?

Someone on Reddit suggested the Barrowch FBFTWT90-V1 but unfortunately it's a mix of aluminium and brass so it's basically a guaranteed problem...

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
Depends on which use case you are planning. If your need it for Ghost S1 or similar sandwich layout GPU waterblock and willing to use Alphacool 7.6mm/12.7mm hose,

TPV 90 degree fitting and hoses. (Although the compression cap may get in the way....)

or if you are using EKWB GPU Waterblocks,

This, too I can't assure it works with newer blocks...

EK's new blocks have G1/4" threading on the side so maybe look into that?

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
Buy a bunch of these and try them until you find a suitable combination. There are small variances in the male ends that result in different pieces reaching a different location once tightened.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Nice to see someone is stocking these in the UK. I used them in my Ghost build and they made it possible but I am in the US and was able to order directly from Koolance.

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Aug 12, 2016
Thanks. It's quite expensive buying from Highflow as well - it works out to around £80 for 4.

Plus I'm a bit worried about ordering from the EU right now because of the Brexit chaos. Not Highflow specifically, but me and a lot of people are having trouble with shipment delays and tax/customs issues for goods coming from the EU :(

evadne

Trash Compacter
Jan 15, 2020
With elbow fittings you could use https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181546830552 to reduce threads accordingly if somehow you’re off by a bit.

Otherwise among Corsair (i.e. Bitspower), EK & Barrow, the Corsair 90° Rotary fittings are the lowest profile. About 2mm difference AFAIK.

Highflow orders attract additional charges now after Brexit but they were and still are the only place I could get Koolance stuff from.

Reactions: sos and AP2

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Aug 12, 2016
Thanks. I just emailed Highflow and they are hoping to bring back NL Post and DPD soon but there's no ETA :(

I'm also toying with the idea to buy a bunch (40?) from Koolance US direct and sell the surplus on Ebay UK to help other people in the same situation & also recover cost. Not sure if it's worth it though.