Prototype KMPKT Dynamo DC-12V

mjst3rcar0

Caliper Novice
Jun 25, 2018
I'd personally go for the Dell 240W or the Razer 165W depending on how much you want to spend and what your power requirements are. If you plan to push the power above 160W on a semi-regular basis (ie. 1060 based build). If you plan to be low-wattage (ie. 1050ti build) then the Razer is a lot smaller and seems to work quite well.
Hello, i have just purchased GA240PE1-00 charger, is it fit with Dynamo 160W?
For fun, i observed that the female connector of Dynamo 160W is marked with HDPlex, is it real that you take it from HD PLex 160, LOL

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
GA240PE1-00 should be fine. And yes, my units are made by HDPlex and the Dynamo Mini is simply a rebranded HDPlex 160W DC-ATX with a slightly different cable assortment and custom heat sink.

mjst3rcar0

Caliper Novice
Jun 25, 2018
GA240PE1-00 should be fine. And yes, my units are made by HDPlex and the Dynamo Mini is simply a rebranded HDPlex 160W DC-ATX with a slightly different cable assortment and custom heat sink.
yeah, i love your heatsink, this is hauntingly beautiful.
anyway, thank you for your answer ;)

v.volts

What's an ITX?
Aug 2, 2018
Is there anywhere we can get a full diagram of your PSU? I've been shown early markups of the 4 photos used, but a final iteration would be fantastic.

Last edited:

GiancarloCP

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 28, 2018
Hello @Kmpkt.
HDPlex has great product. The 160W PSU sometimes is small. The 400W PSU is the answer but you have the ATX cable. A good solution is your Dynamo, more power and save the "huge" ATX cable-connector.
In the other side we have 3 options: 160W, 400W and this 560W. I think a 300W is enough in many cases, able to manage 65W CPU + 150W GPU, and to get budget small i was thinking in a middle solution between 400W with ATX cable and this 560W w/o the cable.

If we get out the 12V rail in the Dynamo mini, it will be easier to build, and we have more than 160W w/o the ATX cable.

Last edited:

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Sorry. I've read your post a couple of times and I think I'm missing what you're getting at. Are you asking for a third product in the 300W range that would get price/size down?

GiancarloCP

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 28, 2018
so so. Maybe the Dynamo 360 is ok (with a 12V-IN Dynamo Mini). What i don't want is the "ATX cable", that's why the HDPlex 400W is not appealing to me. I am new in this world, and I share my thoughts.

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
While I appreciate that it would be nice to have a smaller wattage version of the Dynamo 360 in order to drop price/size, I am a very small operation and can't afford to do that at this time.

In my opinion your best option could be to daisy chain two Dynamo Minis using an Add2PSU. If I understand the function of this unit correctly, it would give you a very small 320W DC-DC solution. The way I envision it working is you would power the motherboard and EPS from your primary Dynamo Mini and would then power your GPU by using the PCIe power rails on one or both units depending on your needs.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
While I appreciate that it would be nice to have a smaller wattage version of the Dynamo 360 in order to drop price/size, I am a very small operation and can't afford to do that at this time.

In my opinion your best option could be to daisy chain two Dynamo Minis using an Add2PSU. If I understand the function of this unit correctly, it would give you a very small 320W DC-DC solution. The way I envision it working is you would power the motherboard and EPS from your primary Dynamo Mini and would then power your GPU by using the PCIe power rails on one or both units depending on your needs.
Interesting. What would the wiring look like with the ADD2PSU and the two minis?

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I believe you would need a custom SATA to Molex 4 pin connector (or 4 pin SATA header to Molex) to jump the Add2PSU and then just plug one Dynamo into the motherboard and the second into the Add2PSU. You could quite easily split a DC source to power both Dynamos with a 4 pin to 2 x 4 pin minifit splitter.

b4r

Cable Smoosher
Aug 11, 2019
Will the 360 be available by again?
I have started a eGPU stx board project and am very interested in the form factor of this unit. It would be much easier than using m HDPlex 400. Also I would like to know more about the fan header sync cable if the 360 won’t be produced any more.

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I have my last 20 or so units en-route to the US from Europe. Once they have arrived I will be selling them on a first come, first served basis. As far as the fan header sync cable, it's merely a 5V sens line (requires 5V and Gnd from another source).

b4r

Cable Smoosher
Aug 11, 2019
excellent if I can get one once they get to NA that would be great. I am a bit new to wiring. I have only done some custom cables for one of my PSUs. Do you mean I would connect a 5v and a ground on my HDPlex to a fan header cable?

b4r

Cable Smoosher
Aug 11, 2019
And thanks so much for getting back to me you forum posts have been very informative and help me a lot on my case building adventure.

b4r

Cable Smoosher
Aug 11, 2019
Been doing a little research to do the sync I would use the power on and ground on the psu much like the papercliptrick for testing but then run a cable from the on to a 5v on my motherboard and the psu ground to the ground on the same header on the motherboard. I am using the Asrock Ryzen stx board. It looks like there is a usb header on the board with a ground and 5 volt.