"KalmX AMD Edition" - RADEON RX 6400 Passive Cooling Mod

FlexxRocket

Average Stuffer
Mar 5, 2023
I Made it worse. Either the solder Paste was too dry or i removed it too early from the oven. The solder Paste was very Hard to Push out of the syringe. This is How it looked ( i put a Bit More there after the Photo ) . Then I put the whole thing in the oven and After around 8-10 mins at max( 220 degree celcius) i removed it from the oven to cool down After that it was very easy to Break apart.Is there anything i can do now , like trying it again at longer cooking duration?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I Made it worse. Either the solder Paste was too dry or i removed it too early from the oven. The solder Paste was very Hard to Push out of the syringe. This is How it looked ( i put a Bit More there after the Photo ) . Then I put the whole thing in the oven and After around 8-10 mins at max( 220 degree celcius) i removed it from the oven to cool down After that it was very easy to Break apart.Is there anything i can do now , like trying it again at longer cooking duration?

You can use a little more solder paste and try again.

8 to 10 minutes is not enough since the copper heatsink is quite massive. I estimate maybe 20 minutes. To make sure, add some more paste near the edge of the copper plate so you can see when it melts and starts to look shiny...

Reactions: FlexxRocket

FlexxRocket

Average Stuffer
Mar 5, 2023
First i put heat resistand tape around it :
Then it was in the oven for around 22min:
This was the result : ( Its a Bit dirty from the tape but i will clean it Today with cleaning alcohol)
But there is a silver seam all around the copper plate and Its solid)