Concept J-HACK ROGUE - Big Air Mini Tower

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
That first one does feel big. Not sure why you wouldn't change the PSU location?

Though 1 slim/1 full on the front feels...odd?

You can always go with 2x slim :D

In a big air tower, a thicker fan can sit above the motherboard. However, a thick fan will hit the GPU unless you extend the depth of the case.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I'm likely in the minority here, but I would be very excited for something like this with solid water cooling support. Then again I'm talking custom loop, not AIO, and I'd want room for at least two radiators to cool a 300-400W sustained load in relative silence, which might be too much for a case like this. Still, if there was the option of a bracket for a 120mm or 140mm radiator in the side panel above the CPU, you could fit a 240mm in the front, and used something like a Swiftech Apogee Drive II or similar pump+block combo, that ought to work.

Reactions: Poblopuablo

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Thanks for the tip! A janky workaround (links are for clicking, not copying and opening through a 3rd-party site), but at least it works :)

After having looked at it: is this another one of those "power cable sticks out the bottom" designs? Ugh.

Essentially yes.

J-Hack is still very much a personal side project at this time. If I live to tell the tale next year, I can start on this project.

rev_dude

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 6, 2019
Hello,
Long time forum lurker here, I remember seeing this thread on a similar case concept:
Thought it might be relevant to what you want to do with this case.

Last edited:

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Hello,
Long time forum lurker here, I remember seeing this thread on a similar case concept:
Thought it might be relevant to what you want to do with this case.

Or the Spartan Jr. https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/spartan-jr-the-8-35l-itx-tower-case.1660/