CPU ITX B550 mobo compatible with alpenfohn blackridge

Alf

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 4, 2020
Hi guys I was just looking for b550 itx compatible with blackridge I’m using a 3600 so feel free to give me other cooler suggestions under 58 mm. The case I’m using s402 can also use a 120 mm aio thx

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Out of the box? ASrock

Removing the superfluous heat sinks over the NVME slots? Gigabyte or MSI.

It should be noted that the ASrock boards have the CPU lower on the board, which means you will only be able to use the Blackridge on sandwich style cases.... and it has right angle SATA ports (not good in sandwich style cases).

My vote goes to the MSI with the USB C front header, but the Gigabyte is fine and comes a bit cheaper.

Alf

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 4, 2020
Out of the box? ASrock

It should be noted that the ASrock boards have the CPU lower on the board, which means you will only be able to use the Blackridge on sandwich style cases.... and it has right angle SATA ports (not good in sandwich style cases).

My vote goes to the MSI with the USB C front header, but the Gigabyte is fine and comes a bit cheaper.
ok how do i position the cooler with the gigabyte board

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Heatpipes point down towards the PCIE x16 slot.

I have the x570 model. The board layout is the same, they just removed the fan.

Alf

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 4, 2020
Out of the box? ASrock

So the ASRock pg b550 won’t work in my sentry 2.0

Alf

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 4, 2020
Heatpipes point down towards the PCIE x16 slot.

I have the x570 model. The board layout is the same, they just removed the fan.
I’m also a bit worried about removing the MSi nvme heatsink bc it has active cooling and makes me think that the chipset is under it what are your thoughts

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
I’m also a bit worried about removing the MSi nvme heatsink bc it has active cooling and makes me think that the chipset is under it what are your thoughts
There is a chance that the ASrock won't work in the Sentry.

The active cooling on the MSI board is for NVME 4.0 only, not the chip-set. You can completely disable the fan in the BIOS. Furthermore, with a top-down cooler like the Blackridge, the drive should get plenty of air.