Discussion Is there any existing case, or someone who's thought of a design expressly for the RTX A4000 single slot GPU?

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
I've been thinking about this case design and tried to find one that fits without much success. I'm thinking of a case that has a form factor similar to the venerable Antec ISK-300 150, probably a bit shallower, but not by much, that would be able to accomodate an ITX motherboard, some room for a PicoPSU and its AC/DC module, and a single-slot full length GPU like the RTX A4000, on top of the motherboard, a bit like the Goodisory SR01.

Antec ISK-300 150:

Goodisory SR01:

The SR01 is almost perfect for that purpose, but it's too shallow for the RTX A4000.

Any ideas?

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
The SR01 is almost perfect for that purpose, but it's too shallow for the RTX A4000.
Hard to find such small cases that can fit the 242mm (9.5") length of the RTX A4000!

Maybe this one? Double slots though.
Geeek A35
Specs shows: Video Card Length < 235mm; (Apart Aluminum frame can support 250mm)
The aluminum frame should not interfere with the A4000 thanks to it being single slot.

Or the S version:

(Both cases above are not listed on https://www.geeekstore.com)

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
Hard to find such small cases that can fit the 242mm (9.5") length of the RTX A4000!

Maybe this one? Double slots though.
Geeek A35
Specs shows: Video Card Length < 235mm; (Apart Aluminum frame can support 250mm)
The aluminum frame should not interfere with the A4000 thanks to it being single slot.

Or the S version:

(Both cases above are not listed on https://www.geeekstore.com)
Thanks for the reply! And... I know right?! Seems like a hole in the SFF case design scene, haha!

I checked the case with the link you gave me and if I ever was to buy it, I'd need to find another seller, just thought it was so funny, so I took a screenshot:

Just a thousand dollars or so, LOL

But yeah, I wish there was a design with a similar form factor as the ISK-300, which could be very accomodating to a good build with a single slot full-height GPU like the A4000...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: BaK and Phuncz

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019

Like this?
Oh I knew I had seen a similar build before, thanks!

Yeah, something like that, but less cramped, and more "streamlined", as in you can still work in the case relatively easily. My goal has never been to use every single mm³ available :)

Reactions: k0n

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017

Finding one may be difficult though. I do believe they are actually discontinued now.........

Reactions: princess_daphie

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019

Finding one may be difficult though. I do believe they are actually discontinued now.........
Damn, the form factor is right on! However, it only supports a low-profile video card. It might be able to mod it to install the A4000 above the motherboard by cutting the back grill though, but, that's hard to make look good! So close!

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Damn, the form factor is right on! However, it only supports a low-profile video card. It might be able to mod it to install the A4000 above the motherboard by cutting the back grill though, but, that's hard to make look good! So close!

If you're going down the mod route, it would probably make more sense to mod the A4000 heatsink to a double slot, 170mm version. Here's a good and very well documented example by @Runamok81 : https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...ming-pc-build-5800x3d-custom-a4000-gpu.17572/

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
Someone's tried something very similar, that's very close to what I'm thinking about!!

Dang I wish I was able to use 3D modeling software or something...

I actually bought an older workstation card that I could afford (130$ vs 800$+ for an A4000), a Quadro M4000, which seems to be about equivalent to a 1050ti or something, and also the same form factor, to have an actual functioning graphics card that can also help me visualize how that would feel in a case, hahaha. I'm really infected with the SFF virus...

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
The dimensions I'm thinking of to meet the general idea, compactness and usefulness (not going mad while working in it), I'm thinking of something like 80~100cm width x ~200cm height x 260cm deep.

I tried going off a design that's close to ideal from a case I found on AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004831623617.html

I went ham on photoshop and tried to make it look like what I have in mind, with some added flexibility, because why not:

Not saying I can afford to go all-out on a new build, but how could would a similar design be?! You could even use a DTX motherboard, use a riser for the GPU, and use the second slot for something else. Of course that would work with PicoPSUs and probably the HDPlex 250w, and such, because of the empty space where most cases will put a mounting for an SFX PSU. It might actually even fit there, which is a bit annoying, haha

Note: I wish I knew how to work a 3D modeling software..............

Reactions: Arboreal

roebucksruin

Case Bender
New User
Jul 4, 2023
I went looking recently and couldn't find one either. There aren't enough single slot cards to create enough market demand for a case. I purchased the card to design a sheet metal case in a Densium-style for a 37mm cooler and a single slot card to learn CAD and sheet metal fabrication, but my new job is proving to be too demanding for side projects... Here are the options I considered and the one I went with:
- Mod a S4T like other members in the community. I still have all of the stuff but don't want to deal with designing an expansion bracket.
- Midori/Velka 5, adding a x8x8 bifurcation card for an expansion card with NVMe storage, thinking it could be a media pc in the future. Decided a NAS would be cleaner.
- ZS-A4S, another dual slot case but sexier than the Midori.
- I actually just purchased the InRobert ITX cooler and plan on shoving it in a Sixge K2S, equivalent to a K39 or Velka 3, but with 47mm cooler clearance and Ghost S1 style. This also opens up the opportunity to perform my first shunt mod + 8-pin mod for 3070/3070 ti performance.

I don't know if that's helpful or not...

Reactions: princess_daphie