CPU Is there an alternative to RAIJINTEK OPHION 7L ?

xcloudx

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 7, 2021
Hello,
i'm planning to build my first mini itx pc for my work. Since in my travels i need to bring it with me, the allowed max dimensions of the case are: 35x25x10 cm.

The only case i found that fits in these constraints and allows the use of some additional internal fan is the OPHION 7l from RAIJINTEK. The case seems good but i was wondering if i could find something more smaller and portable.

I know there are pretty much mini itx case out there, but i need to put at least one additional fan in the case to keep the ssd and mb safe as i'll use a i7 11700. I don't need space for a dedicated GPU, i'll use ony the integrated one.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I don't know other requirements (especially PSU), so let's see... try
- Lone Industries L5
- Lazer3D CG-7 Cravo
- Lazer3D HT-5

These are small cases I know that still provide high clearance for (relatively) beefy CPU cooler.

Other than those, try to check the "SFF master list" in my signature below.

Reactions: Phuncz and Arboreal

xcloudx

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 7, 2021
Thanks ignsvn. For the power supply i'm open to all proposals, as long as it can feed an i7 11700. I'll also try to check on your list ! I see that there are many cases i've never heard of before

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Thanks ignsvn. For the power supply i'm open to all proposals, as long as it can feed an i7 11700. I'll also try to check on your list ! I see that there are many cases i've never heard of before
Quick googling tells me that the 11700K could eat up to 250-300W on benchmarks. I'm not sure with the non-K.

Back to the cases, the first & last use direct plug DC-ATX module + external AC-DC module. Popular solutions I heard so far are HDPLEX, Guryhwa customs, and REVOCCASES. If you know your stuffs, perhaps you can use Meanwell AC-DC as well. They can easily provide around 400W.

The middle one uses TFX PSU. Silverstone has 500 & 700W TFX PSUs, so you should be good.

Oh and one more case you may want to check is J-Hack.

The fine print is that, availability of those cases & PSUs may vary. Expect some waiting time.

Reactions: rfarmer

xcloudx

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 7, 2021
Quick googling tells me that the 11700K could eat up to 250-300W on benchmarks. I'm not sure with the non-K.

Back to the cases, the first & last use direct plug DC-ATX module + external AC-DC module. Popular solutions I heard so far are HDPLEX, Guryhwa customs, and REVOCCASES. If you know your stuffs, perhaps you can use Meanwell AC-DC as well. They can easily provide around 400W.

The middle one uses TFX PSU. Silverstone has 500 & 700W TFX PSUs, so you should be good.

Oh and one more case you may want to check is J-Hack.

The fine print is that, availability of those cases & PSUs may vary. Expect some waiting time.

the non-K 11700 comes with a TDP of 65W ( the K is 125W ). I expect it cloud drain no more than 200W.

i like the solution of an external power module, will try to read carefully your list as soon as possible to find some possible candidate. Thanks

xcloudx

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 7, 2021
There are some very interesting cases that would fit my needs and preferences expecially:

silverstone milo 10
Lone Industries L5
J-Hack pure - x

unforunaly none of them is available here within a reasonable time, so i'm goig for the Ophion 7L. Thanks for the info anyway. I'll try to make a complete configuration out of this case and post another thread for the review before buy

Reactions: Predabot and ignsvn