Advice Is there a larger version of the Velka 3

i2034d

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Dec 14, 2020
Looking for something with a similar layout to the velka 3 but a bit larger so I can fit a longer GPU into it- (think MSI RTX 3070 ventus 2x or zotac mini sized)

Also hoping for a SFX psu form factor instead of Flex, but either could work.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
depends on what you consider 'a bit larger'
there is plenty of sandwich-style cases that take SFX psu and full-length graphics cards that are rather small.
there is the Velka 7, 5.9 ltrs from the very same company, did you look at that?
or you can go a bit smaller and stick with flex ATX and get the Velka 5, 4.9 ltrs

Other options are the usual suspects:
Dan A4
SM550
Ghost S1
CusomMod SX1 (or slightly bigger SX2)

Additionally, slightly bigger than the Velka 3 is the K39, but i am not sure it will fit your desired cards either.

Personally, I would look at the Velka 5 for what you have specified, though that said, the original sandwich-style case the Dan A4 is not that much bigger than the Velka options, at 7.2 ltrs and in my opinion is still one of the best SFF cases in the category, i only recently moved from the A4 to a T1 to cool a 3950x better, otherwise, id have stuck with the A4 indefinitely.

paullusty

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2017
I wish I held of a bit before I got the K39 especially with the current release of cards. I found this a few months back.

A35 a little under 7L but you need a flex PSU and it's made from Acrylic but it seems like the perfect comprimise for size. If anyone knows of anything similar but made with aluminium let me know.

It can fit these cards but it will be tight

Edit:
Just realised you stated you prefer a case with an sfx psu, you should go with the Custom mod SX2 (SX1 is currently un-available) like the previous guy said.

Last edited:

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
I wish I held of a bit before I got the K39 especially with the current release of cards. I found this a few months back.

A35 a little under 7L but you need a flex PSU and it's made from Acrylic but it seems like the perfect comprimise for size. If anyone knows of anything similar but made with aluminium let me know.

It can fit these cards but it will be tight

Edit:
Just realised you stated you prefer a case with an sfx psu, you should go with the Custom mod SX2 (SX1 is currently un-available) like the previous guy said.
I would stay away from those GEEEK cases, I've had one previously, the acrylic isn't that great a quality, to begin with and the x frame alloy extrusions are made like butter, 100% not worth their cost. would never touch one again after building in them.