Inwin Chopin GPU 1050 ti Mod - Pluto

CroyAlore

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018
How many more mm do you need to fit a full thickness 92mm fan? (from here it looks that it just may fit) @CroyAlore

I'm not sure, There is a small amount of room above the graphic card but I don't think nearly enough to have a 25mm fan there. Just from eye balling it I think there is only maybe another 5mm to work with but the PCI ribbon is also there so it would probably just be way too tight.

Raptor_N60

Caliper Novice
Nov 5, 2018
I was just gonna ask you what mod did you use to fit in the pcie riser, as mine was pushing to the back panel very hard, and then I saw that you use two meshed panels...that is actually very genius of you!

NastyNick

Caliper Novice
Dec 20, 2018
Wow this is an amazing machine and guide. Thank you so much for the detailed thoughts, photos and spec. I would like to copy your design for my first PC build. But I am having trouble finding the Chopin case. Would you mind taking a look at this similar case and let me know if you think it would be a no go for fit or overal design reasons? Its outer dimensions are 224 mm x 88.9 mm x 215.4 mm compared to the Chopin’s 244 mm x 84 mm x 217 mm. Since you say 1 mm would make it impossible, can you kill or ok this build? I think the 5mm you mentioned above the gpu plus the negative space created by the Chopin’s aluminum bezel makes the S-21 case height just enough to work. The extra 4 mm width will be nice, but what about the depth? Please any thoughts are mega appreciated. I’m just getting into this and I completely love your bold sff build!

iStarUSA Group Mini-ITX Box Fit 1U Flex (S-21) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0077CRF6Q/?tag=theminutiae-20

Jaeryd

Cable Smoosher
Aug 3, 2017
Wow this is an amazing machine and guide. Thank you so much for the detailed thoughts, photos and spec. I would like to copy your design for my first PC build. But I am having trouble finding the Chopin case. Would you mind taking a look at this similar case and let me know if you think it would be a no go for fit or overal design reasons? Its outer dimensions are 224 mm x 88.9 mm x 215.4 mm compared to the Chopin’s 244 mm x 84 mm x 217 mm. Since you say 1 mm would make it impossible, can you kill or ok this build? I think the 5mm you mentioned above the gpu plus the negative space created by the Chopin’s aluminum bezel makes the S-21 case height just enough to work. The extra 4 mm width will be nice, but what about the depth? Please any thoughts are mega appreciated. I’m just getting into this and I completely love your bold sff build!

iStarUSA Group Mini-ITX Box Fit 1U Flex (S-21) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0077CRF6Q/?tag=theminutiae-20

If you are looking for the chopin, it is available on Amazon right now. It costs more than the case you are looking at though, if that makes a difference to you.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N091225/?tag=theminutiae-20

Reactions: NastyNick

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
@CroyAlore how are you controlling the GPU fans? I've got a pair of 80mm fans hooked up to my 1050 ti low profile (Gigabyte) via the 3pin header and am only able to run them at full speed. Custom control in Afterburner allows me to set the speed between 40% and 100% but the resulting RPMs don't change.

If I plug the fans into a motherboard header, I can't control the speed based on the GPU temp, just CPU temp.

CroyAlore

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018
Hey all, sorry for the late replies, I've been working on another project recently and its been taking up my extra time.

I was just gonna ask you what mod did you use to fit in the pcie riser, as mine was pushing to the back panel very hard, and then I saw that you use two meshed panels...that is actually very genius of you!

Yup, I actually got a second Chopin Case and used the Side panel from the second one. You can see that the color of the case actually changes during the worklog, thats because I choose to change the color of the case and when I got the second case I decided to use the panel to help fit the pcie riser.

Originally I was planning on having the from mesh panel in the back for the PCIe riser, and I was going to mod the back panel to have an opening and then put that panel in the front.

Thanks for the link @Jaeryd. Not sure how I missed that! @CroyAlore how did you source the second mesh panel? Did it come with the case or did you need to buy two cases?

Hey, Yeah I got a second case and from that case I got the second mesh panel.

@CroyAlore how are you controlling the GPU fans? I've got a pair of 80mm fans hooked up to my 1050 ti low profile (Gigabyte) via the 3pin header and am only able to run them at full speed. Custom control in Afterburner allows me to set the speed between 40% and 100% but the resulting RPMs don't change.

If I plug the fans into a motherboard header, I can't control the speed based on the GPU temp, just CPU temp.

So for the GPU fans I actually have them connected to the Motherboard and I have them set to full speed, which I don't mind too much because the Noctua fans don't make that much noise. There was another program I was trying to use to allow the fans to be controlled on a curve depending on the GPU temperature but I was running into problems with it. I'll try to find the program name again and see if I can figure it out.

Reactions: Raptor_N60

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Hey all, sorry for the late replies, I've been working on another project recently and its been taking up my extra time.

Yup, I actually got a second Chopin Case and used the Side panel from the second one. You can see that the color of the case actually changes during the worklog, thats because I choose to change the color of the case and when I got the second case I decided to use the panel to help fit the pcie riser.

Originally I was planning on having the from mesh panel in the back for the PCIe riser, and I was going to mod the back panel to have an opening and then put that panel in the front.

Hey, Yeah I got a second case and from that case I got the second mesh panel.

So for the GPU fans I actually have them connected to the Motherboard and I have them set to full speed, which I don't mind too much because the Noctua fans don't make that much noise. There was another program I was trying to use to allow the fans to be controlled on a curve depending on the GPU temperature but I was running into problems with it. I'll try to find the program name again and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks for the info! That's what I'm doing right now too, but I'm using slim 80mm fans so they are pretty loud at full tilt. I'm manually adjusting them up/down depending on gaming or desktop use.

Speedfan can technically control motherboard fan headers from the GPU temperature, but it is an outdated piece of software and sadly doesn't recognize my hardware :'(

CroyAlore

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018
Thanks for the info! That's what I'm doing right now too, but I'm using slim 80mm fans so they are pretty loud at full tilt. I'm manually adjusting them up/down depending on gaming or desktop use.

Speedfan can technically control motherboard fan headers from the GPU temperature, but it is an outdated piece of software and sadly doesn't recognize my hardware :'(

Yeah I think that's the program I found and had too many issues with it. It would be great to see someone update it or recreate the program. If I happen to figure something out I'll be sure to post it :)

Madurito

Case Bender
Jan 4, 2019
Here are the final pictures for the project along with some comparisons to show the size of the build. I hope you guys enjoyed the build as much as I did. I'm still trying to add some more thermals and benchmarks so I will be adding them soonish sorry for that wait.

where is the power supply?

Nexus

Case Bender
Feb 16, 2019
I really liked your project. Please write the internal case dimensions are in millimeters front and rear. And question: in the top games 150-160 W power supply is enough?

allbyy

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 18, 2020
Would it be possible to do this build without using the second mesh panel? It would be the perfect build for me, but I need to be able to put it horizontally.

almirfiorio

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 16, 2021
Dear CryAlore

This Cade can accept GPU Video Card ?
WhatGPU video card you are use in this cpu ?

This PSU and this wireless card comes with this case ?
if not in what place im can purchasde PSUand wireless card?

In what place im can purchase this case?

Thanks
Almir