Inwin Chopin GPU 1050 ti Mod - Pluto

CroyAlore

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018
I still remember people saying it's physically impossible to fit a dGPU in the Chopin even with modding. Well done sir. Reminds me of Lone L4 (which I'm hoping for the next revision).

Thanks! Yeah it was difficult but its possible, But from what you'll see from the next update its only really possible when you use the extruding mesh side-panel on the back because the riser still goes past the width of the case. I'll post the last update in a couple hours with some final pictures :)

CroyAlore

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018

So this is what the system looked like with the original cut I did. To begin with I was hoping the middle fan would breathe through the new hole and the other two fans would breathe through the small gaps that the legs create but the thermals where barley decent this way. So I decided to cut the bottom as big as all three fans and lift the case up with new legs.

Here is the new cut with a slit left in the middle to allow the unibody to fix its self to the internal frame as well as the GPU.

The new legs are very easy to add and give the case a miniature look so they ended up working great

With the GPU bracket put in place and all three pieces fixed together.

You can see all the new room for the GPU to breathe now with the new mods.

Now with the GPU and Cooler mounter you can see how much more exposed the fans are now.

All the colors end up working great and I have one more "Case Fan" added to the front of the case to remove the hot air from the GPU. Never though I would use a 40mm fan as a case fan XD

Now theres much more room between the table and the bottom of the case to breathe.

Now for some last minute modifications to the internal frame. The PSU still runs hot so I wanted to put a cut behind the heat sink and add a blower fan to the bottom to allow it to cool. I still have some more tests with this however because I want to see how it heats the surrounding area and see if there is too much heat there for the motherboard.

I also added another cut to the bottom of the mother board tray to allow the NVMe to be switchable later without difficulty, something I added once I had to switch the NVMe to the back to add a SDD NVMe to the front.

Here is the path of the PSU extension cable and how the cables are managed with the PCI Riser.

I'll be posting some thermals later today once I organize all the benchmark tests, Thanks all!

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

So this is what the system looked like with the original cut I did. To begin with I was hoping the middle fan would breathe through the new hole and the other two fans would breathe through the small gaps that the legs create but the thermals where barley decent this way. So I decided to cut the bottom as big as all three fans and lift the case up with new legs.

Here is the new cut with a slit left in the middle to allow the unibody to fix its self to the internal frame as well as the GPU.

The new legs are very easy to add and give the case a miniature look so they ended up working great

Now with the GPU and Cooler mounter you can see how much more exposed the fans are now.

All the colors end up working great and I have one more "Case Fan" added to the front of the case to remove the hot air from the GPU. Never though I would use a 40mm fan as a case fan XD

Now theres much more room between the table and the bottom of the case to breathe.

Now for some last minute modifications to the internal frame. The PSU still runs hot so I wanted to put a cut behind the heat sink and add a blower fan to the bottom to allow it to cool. I still have some more tests with this however because I want to see how it heats the surrounding area and see if there is too much heat there for the motherboard.

I also added another cut to the bottom of the mother board tray to allow the NVMe to be switchable later without difficulty, something I added once I had to switch the NVMe to the back to add a SDD NVMe to the front.

Here is the path of the PSU extension cable and how the cables are managed with the PCI Riser.

I'll be posting some thermals later today once I organize all the benchmark tests, Thanks all!

I've been watching this log for a while now and I have to say it is impressive as hell. Not only did you manage to squeeze an incredible amount of hardware into a very small space but you did it so cleanly.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016

I’m so inspired!!! Thank you for the great documentation.

CroyAlore

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018
I've been watching this log for a while now and I have to say it is impressive as hell. Not only did you manage to squeeze an incredible amount of hardware into a very small space but you did it so cleanly.

Thanks! I'm actually amazing the case was able to fit everything. If any of the dimensions of the case or the side panel were just a mm shorter the case wouldn't have worked XD

I’m so inspired!!! Thank you for the great documentation.

Thanks! I wanted to be sure to include as many photos of the process as I could.

CroyAlore

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018
Here are the final pictures for the project along with some comparisons to show the size of the build. I hope you guys enjoyed the build as much as I did. I'm still trying to add some more thermals and benchmarks so I will be adding them soonish sorry for that wait.

CroyAlore

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018
Its beautiful! Any plans for dust filtering on the GPU?

Thanks! Yup I'm looking into getting a mesh of some kind for the bottom to also hide the dents that the bottom of the case got while I was cutting a hole for the GPU to intake air. In the future I'd also like a better mounting for the fans on the GPU.

Reactions: Mtthwmths

CroyAlore

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018
Here are the Thermals: I tested the system in two configurations, either standing on its feet or laying on the front panel for maximum air flow.

First Configuration - Standing on Feet With 100% GPU Fan Speed:

Furmark at 1080p with 0xAA

3DMark Skydiver Stress Test

(with Markers)

Adia 64

Second Configuration - Laying on the Front Panel With 100% GPU Fan Speed:

Furmark at 1080p with 0xAA

Furmark at 1080p with 0xAA plus Adia64

Mtthwmths

Trash Compacter
Jan 24, 2018
This is awesome! The colors look great together, and that GPU shroud is really cool! Good call on moving the PSU, cleaned it up a LOT!

What did you use to make the cuts?

Reactions: CroyAlore

CroyAlore

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018
This is awesome! The colors look great together, and that GPU shroud is really cool! Good call on moving the PSU, cleaned it up a LOT!

What did you use to make the cuts?

Thanks for the feedback! I actually used a dremel for all the cuts, The unibody ended up giving me the most trouble due to its thickness.

Reactions: Mtthwmths

rawsh

Caliper Novice
Jun 24, 2018
Thanks for sharing the benchmarks! That's a solid temp for a 1050 ti, especially sff. Mine is running a good +5 degrees in a full size case.

I think I might try something similar, it looks like a really fun project. Did you know it would fit before you started?

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
Excellent work! You should be proud of how it all came out, I'm so tempted to do the same thing myself!

CroyAlore

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018
Thanks for sharing the benchmarks! That's a solid temp for a 1050 ti, especially sff. Mine is running a good +5 degrees in a full size case.

I think I might try something similar, it looks like a really fun project. Did you know it would fit before you started?

Nope I had no idea if it would fit or not. There was a point were I was about to just give up because the riser caused the case to be too wide but I remembered I could use the protruding side panel to help make everything fit.

Excellent work! You should be proud of how it all came out, I'm so tempted to do the same thing myself!

Thanks you! It turned out much better than I expected!

Truly one of a kind. Bravo!

Here's hoping In Win makes this standard.

Thank you, I really hope more cases like this come out. I am currently in the process of trying to manufacture some SFF cases that support low profile cards, I'll see how they turn out and post back with updates.