zs-D1 - mini Chopin under 3L

dzungitx

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
Hi all. This case is similar to Inwin Chopin, but smaller (~1.5 liters reduce). So i call Mini Chopin ☺

Case: ZongShi zs-D1
Dimensions: 186x189x80mm = 2.8 liters
Installed weight: 1.7kg
Mainboard: Asus Z97I-Plus
CPU: i5-5675c w/Iris Pro Graphics 6200
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB
SSD: Samsung SM951 256GB
SSD: Lexar 512GB
Power: General Electric CLP0212 200W + PicoBox DC-ATX 160W (sold with case)

Notes:
- Some mainboard not support. ZongShi's recommend Gigabyte B450 mainboard.
- Power really good, comfortable for iGPU/APU, no break down when stress.
- Easy to install, except SSD. Screw holes under the mainboard, to install/remove you have to remove mainboard first.
- Support 2 SSDs.
- CPU cooler under 50mm (AMD Wraith Stealth can fit with fan shroud removed)
- Memory under 53mm (I try Dominator 55mm but not fit)
- Have a USB 3.0 port in front.
- C6 power inlet, like Chopin ?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: vini and August

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Looks nice! (You should probably wipe off your camera lens before taking pictures though ;) ) I wouldn't compare it to the Chopin simply because the defining characteristic of that case for me is the overall design as much as anything else (and outside of the design there are quite a few other cases with integrated PSUs, from Realan and other OEMs). Still looks like a very nicely compact case, and I like the simple and minimalist design. Motherboard support does indeed look like it would be limited, seeing how the PSU overhangs the PCIe slot and area above it - this would seemingly require a motherboard with the CPU socket as far towards the "top" (in a traditional orientation) as possible. Good to know the manufacturer has a list of compatible boards. That PSU is a bit worrisome though, as it's rated at 180mVp-p for output ripple and noise - the ATX spec requires 120mV or lower. Might not be a problem (many PSUs are rated worse than they actually perform - the scope shots in the datasheet I linked seem to indicate ripple/noise slightly below 100mVp-p, despite the 180mVp-p rating) but it's worth taking note of nonetheless. Might not be good for component longevity if pushed.

dzungitx

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
Looks nice! (You should probably wipe off your camera lens before taking pictures though ;) ) I wouldn't compare it to the Chopin simply because the defining characteristic of that case for me is the overall design as much as anything else (and outside of the design there are quite a few other cases with integrated PSUs, from Realan and other OEMs). Still looks like a very nicely compact case, and I like the simple and minimalist design. Motherboard support does indeed look like it would be limited, seeing how the PSU overhangs the PCIe slot and area above it - this would seemingly require a motherboard with the CPU socket as far towards the "top" (in a traditional orientation) as possible. Good to know the manufacturer has a list of compatible boards. That PSU is a bit worrisome though, as it's rated at 180mVp-p for output ripple and noise - the ATX spec requires 120mV or lower. Might not be a problem (many PSUs are rated worse than they actually perform - the scope shots in the datasheet I linked seem to indicate ripple/noise slightly below 100mVp-p, despite the 180mVp-p rating) but it's worth taking note of nonetheless. Might not be good for component longevity if pushed.

Thank guy ? My camera phone has a problem after a drop ? You can view the image more clearly here: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=592847329173
For motherboard, have a slight limit here, make it not fit to motherboard have the wifi module at the bottom row (like Asrock b350/b450/x370/x470), or the chipset protruding too high (Asrock/Asus x570 itx) and like you say, CPU socket near the bottom.. Follow manufacturer's suggestion, all Gigabyte/MSI AM4 motherboard was fit.
For power supply, you can see this review: https://post.smzdm.com/p/akmr4k2r/