Injecting SLI into ITX motherboards with PCIe Bifurcation

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Here is the tutorial for injecting SLI certificates into ITX motherboards with PCIe Bifurcation capabilities.
There's no need for silly driver workarounds, works with Nvidia drivers out of the box.

AMD: LINK
Intel: TBA

For Intel the process is slightly different because the UEFI / BIOS is in a different format. I'm trying to find the tutorial file I wrote up, however if I don't, here are the high level steps for Intel boards:

dump aml from z270 donor board using clover (f4)
convert aml to dsl using:
iasl.exe -oa dsdt.aml

Open dsdt.dsl using MaciASL
Copy SLI license key to clipboard

dump aml from z270 recipient board using clover (f4)
convert aml to dsl using:
iasl.exe -oa dsdt.aml

Open dsdt.dsl using MaciASL
Paste in SLI license key
Exit

use iasl to convert dsl to aml using:
iasl.exe -oa -f dsdt.dsl

Last edited:

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
No I haven't. I posted about this in the past but never got around to posting it up.
I had a few people contact me via twitter asking for the instructions, hence I'm posting them up.
I had a full guide written for z170/z270 boards as well, but I left in on my NAS in Australia, so its unattainable for me in the foreseeable future.

Windfall

Shrink Way Wielder
Nov 14, 2017
No I haven't. I posted about this in the past but never got around to posting it up.
I had a few people contact me via twitter asking for the instructions, hence I'm posting them up.
I had a full guide written for z170/z270 boards as well, but I left in on my NAS in Australia, so its unattainable for me in the foreseeable future.
That is mildly disappointing, but shouldn't be too much of a roadblock.