Motherboard Incoming AM4 Mini-ITX boards

Validifyed

Chassis Packer
May 1, 2017
I just bought a x370gtn, in stock at uk.shop.com if anyone in the UK is still looking for a place that has stock.

Cant say much on the delivery experience yet, should be arriving tomorrow with free 2 day postal. Will probably post here again if/when I get it.

Couldn't be bothered waiting for computex, then another waiting period for actual release, then waiting for it to get the UK, then waiting for them to be in stock. Its a pain in the ass and I am impatient. Inb4 Ryzen doesnt like my Crucial Sport RAM though.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Go Asrock! I think there will be a lot of wallet pain in the SFF community and bulging coffers at Asrock Towers!
This AM4, the X299 and the STX/MXM barebones will kick off a whole load of heavy duty SFF action.

Reactions: cmyk78

Pelican

Average Stuffer
May 23, 2017
Honestly my wallet is bleeding at the moment.

I don't have a SFF PC at the moment. I only finished building my AM4 rig last month, but I decided to for for a full ATX this time. I wanted to see what it was like.

I really wish I had waited. Didn't need to jump to Ryzen so quickly. On the other hand, I'm glad I know what I prefer now.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
A picture is worth a 1000 specs:

I see a lot of room for improvement, this looks more like a entry-level board made pretty.

I

Ionrent

I'm a little disappointed by the rear I/O (2 x HDMI? Why?) and would have liked a front mounted M.2, but the VRM/chipset heatsink configuration looks very airflow friendly.

As a side note, I'm bummed out by the gradual reduction in the number of USB ports in newer ITX boards, especially for peripheral heavy VR builds.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Well, I am disappointed that ASRock did not follow the lead set by their Z270 / H270 ITX MBs; namely, the front-side mounted M.2 slot...

Reactions: alamilla

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
That large AM4 socket no-build zone is most likely the culprit. Otherwise, the board looks just like their z170/z270 boards.
Still, fantastic addition to the AM4 ITX market.

Nicely done @ASRock System

They chould have ditched one of the HDMI ports, moved over the remaining I/O and placed the chipset like on their new X299 ITX MB, that might have allowed room for a front-side mounted M.2 slot...?

Reactions: cmyk78

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
...not gonna lie, the thought of a dual-screen 8-core APU in under 3-4 liters is pretty appealing.

That being said, there is a lot they could have taken from the x299 design to enhance this board.
Maybe they will save that for a Threadripper ITX- it doesn't have a keep out zone as the mounting points are a part of the socket.

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
I hope they release a B350 soon. I personally don't see any noticeable difference between the two chipsets and will happily buy the cheaper one.

Reactions: Twinstar

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
3 Hex/Security Torx key screws for the CPU mounting. I wonder if they're provided or we'd have to steal them from Ikea o_o

EDIT: providing the wrenches, not the screws. can't believe I left this out LOL

Last edited: