Motherboard Incoming AM4 Mini-ITX boards

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
I just found some resellers in Germany like caseking and mindfactory but it costs 139€. do you know if it will be price in EU? Like that, it costs %150 than the ones in US.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I just found some resellers in Germany like caseking and mindfactory but it costs 139€. do you know if it will be price in EU? Like that, it costs %150 than the ones in US.

139 euro is a little bit expensive but that includes 19% vat. It's really more like 10% more expensive than US.

szymon247

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2017

I think it's an ok price. The US usually has components a little bit cheaper. Plus like Thehack said, the US prices do not include the taxes, which is easy to forget for the Europeans. I don't think the board would go for lower than 129 Euro.

Reactions: SeeFiFo

Twinstar

Caliper Novice
Feb 27, 2017
I think it's an ok price. The US usually has components a little bit cheaper. Plus like Thehack said, the US prices do not include the taxes, which is easy to forget for the Europeans. I don't think the board would go for lower than 129 Euro.
I think it's to high, it does not even have Wifi nor Bluetooth nor a second M.2...

Reactions: SeñorDonut

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I think it's to high, it does not even have Wifi nor Bluetooth nor a second M.2...

Not sure what is going on with EU pricings but while the WiFi is an issue, the second m.2 is a rare feature.

It's more of a value board for sure, at least based on US prices. My previous Z170 board cost $150 in comparison to $109. $40 is the price of a decent WiFi adapter. That said I hate wifi on a desktop.

szymon247

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2017

Oh, sure, I thought we were talking about pricing from that particular retailer in Europe, as it's the only AM4 ITX board and it's the first offer around. It's almost in line with the US price. Comparing it to ATX board price wise again, is not fully justified as it's the first ITX board. There is no denying it is very much barebones and if you can, I'd wait for ASRock and Gigabyte, but they are surely going to be more expensive too.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
$40 is the price of a decent WiFi adapter. That said I hate wifi on a desktop.

While you're not wrong, on a motherboard it's also the difference of having to occupy an expansion slot (or USB port) with an adapter. Even if boards with integrated wifi use M.2, these days they normally have an 'extra' slot just for it. If you're on a budget (or you're not using a M.2 drive!), it's a consideration, but if you can spare the $40 for the integrated 'upgrade', I reckon it's well worth it.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
For ASUS, when we talked to them at CES they had no immediate plans for AM4 ITX.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
At that time there was no trust in Ryzen yet, maybe because they didn't have good performing samples yet or they didn't believe people would be swayed away from Intel even if the performance is good. I'd expect Asus to have shifted gears by now, but as they said: board designs take a long time.

I'm sure it could be done faster, as I expect most of yearly cadence is basically timing and is grown from Intel's cookie-cutter strategy where board manufacturers can just plan their lineup this year and next year's, along with ideas for the year after that. Because they'll probably have the technology information well ahead of time and not much change is needed for the CPU, memory or chipset.

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
For ASUS, when we talked to them at CES they had no immediate plans for AM4 ITX.

That sucks... I thought they at least had something planned. Well, perhaps they do, but for some reason didn't want to talk about it yet.

Not that I'm specifically an Asus fan (I've had my share of problems with their boards through the years), but they generally uphold a good quality standard and don't skimp on bios updates.

So far, the Biostar offer looks interesting to me (having zero use for built-in wifi anyway), but I've never owned any of their boards and don't know anybody else who has either, so I'm a bit reluctant to take the plunge.

alamilla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 11, 2016
An interesting post on Reddit from eelmor, an ASUS employee working in the ROG R&D department:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/6atydw/open_but_personal_letter_to_the_pc_components/

Reactions: Phuncz

yoanguila

Cable Smoosher
May 3, 2017
That sucks... I thought they at least had something planned. Well, perhaps they do, but for some reason didn't want to talk about it yet.

Not that I'm specifically an Asus fan (I've had my share of problems with their boards through the years), but they generally uphold a good quality standard and don't skimp on bios updates.

So far, the Biostar offer looks interesting to me (having zero use for built-in wifi anyway), but I've never owned any of their boards and don't know anybody else who has either, so I'm a bit reluctant to take the plunge.

Well, we are waiting anyway ;)

An interesting post on Reddit from eelmor, an ASUS employee working in the ROG R&D department:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/6atydw/open_but_personal_letter_to_the_pc_components/

Nice letter, and discussion too!