Motherboard Incoming AM4 Mini-ITX boards

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
So just the pics from Biostar and a non specific tweet from Gigabyte so far..

Myself ,like many others here, are holding out for a feature rich itx board and the successor to the fury x nano. Mini rx 480 would be nice price wise but plenty would spring for a nano Vega card for sure.

Honestly to keep using what I have I am even ok with a solid mATX board crammed into the case in my avatar. The ruler says it would fit and the "itx only" listed on the specs is more of a suggestion really am I right? :cool:

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
Why da heck does it have deprecated HDMI 1.4? It's brand NEW, for the ALL NEW Socket AM4.
It's 2017, i use HDMI 2.0 since 2 Years now. I don't get it, can someone from Biostar please explain?
It's probably cheaper.

I'm sure later on we'll see mITX boards with HDMI 2.0, remember that this one is coming out way before Raven Ridge, so the HDMI port is pretty much just cosmetic anyway. People who'll buy this will pair it up with a Ryzen CPU and a dGPU, the ports on the motherboard itself will be unusable until Raven Ridge comes out later in the year. And by then I'm sure there'll be better and more mature ITX boards that will cater more to those of us who just need integrated graphics.

Reactions: Soul_Est

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
And here's Gigabyte!
Not a lot of info available atm though...

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1049064.html

Last edited:

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
I would think it would have one...they probably figured it wasn't a discriminating feature because every board now has at least one. But, that being said, it probably doesn't have two.

tomnyamkun

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2017
Now I just need to hope the motherboard will be colour neutral...
But wait, there is gaming on its name, so it will be likely to be black and red or orange :confused:
RIP colour coordination

Such is 1st world problem

Still, I'm excited with MITX ryzen XD

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Nice to see! I doubt that Gigabyte will just produce one itx board so if this one doesn't check all the boxes maybe one is on the way that will.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I would think it would have one...they probably figured it wasn't a discriminating feature because every board now has at least one. But, that being said, it probably doesn't have two.
It doesn't mention SATA either, so storage must be a lot less interesting than the metal "shielding" for the PCIe slot or the "Internet Accelerator" software. Priorities, man. Priorities.

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017

From Biostar's Twitter.
They also mention something in a different tweet about a new product launch at an AMD Tech event that is supposedly happening today (yesterday?) in Beijing. Probably not related to mini-ITX this time, but it seems like we're getting close...shouldn't be more than a few weeks, I think.

EDIT: I think by "new product launch" they meant the Ryzen R5 announcement, since it was at the same conference...

Last edited:

Dyson Poindexter

If there's empty space, it's too big!
Jun 25, 2015
If you go by the raw specs, the 4-pin connector is good for over 200W so it's not an immediate deal-breaker. Plus Ryzen seems to top out at 4 GHz anyway so nobody is doing extreme overclocking :\

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
by experience on intel mini itx mobo, all 4 pin mb were unable to handle stabily core i7 6700K stock...:(

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
Intel boards need the 8-pin to handle all the money Intel be getting from what we spend on the CPUs.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reactions: CXH4

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Well most recent board was z170n wifi from gigabyte, 4 pins, and unable to handle 6700k stock on occt without throttle...after i always check my cpunlike that...most people doesn't even notice that issue..:)

My first was with z77 board with core i5-2500k...my first mini itx setup i guess..:)

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
The "A" in the product name of the gigabyte motherboard makes me think it's going to be under their Aorus branding.
(also the gaming part)

Disappointing they don't mention m.2 on the slide.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
The "A" in the product name of the gigabyte motherboard makes me think it's going to be under their Aorus branding.
(also the gaming part)

Aorus would be nice, but it looks like it is short for either "AMD" or "AM4" looking at their other AM4 boards. So far the only "Gaming" boards using a B350 chipset have been either "Gaming" or "Gaming 3." I believe the ITX board will be akin to the AB350M-Gaming 3 with less PCI slots, but added WiFi and USB Type-C, especially considering it will have only a Realtek GbE controller (Aorus use Intel and Killer).

But the good news is that it should have an excellent feature set at a price around $100 or so, and not a mark-up for Aorus branding. The 7+1 power phases that the Gaming 3 boards have should be fine, considering overclocking doesn't seem to be that great for AMD with these Ryzen processors right now.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Aorus would be nice, but it looks like it is short for either "AMD" or "AM4" looking at their other AM4 boards. So far the only "Gaming" boards using a B350 chipset have been either "Gaming" or "Gaming 3." I believe the ITX board will be akin to the AB350M-Gaming 3 with less PCI slots, but added WiFi and USB Type-C, especially considering it will have only a Realtek GbE controller (Aorus use Intel and Killer).

But the good news is that it should have an excellent feature set at a price around $100 or so, and not a mark-up for Aorus branding. The 7+1 power phases that the Gaming 3 boards have should be fine, considering overclocking doesn't seem to be that great for AMD with these Ryzen processors right now.
Good point, that would make more sense.
I hope it's a good board, and I'm sure it will be.