Discussion Ideal case for small capture rig w/out GPU

flashback

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 27, 2021
Hey all - so I would like to have a small & "aesthetically pleasing" PC (for me that means the opposite of like "alienware" / xtreme gamz0rz look) that sits with my home entertainment setup for use in capturing console gameplay, and I'm wondering what small case might be ideal for this purpose. I don't need a discrete GPU, but I would be using a PCI based capture card, so I need at least one slot for that. I have a Ryzen 3200G that I could use for this build, and then really the only other thing that's important for it to have is some storage space for media. I'd love if I could have 1 NVMe drive, maybe a 2.5" SATA or 2, and it would be AWESOME if it had the space for a 3.5" HDD since like I said I'll mostly just be capturing gameplay with it. It would exist on a Gigabit home network so I could always transfer the files when I fill my storage up, but it would be nice to have some options. I guess the other thing that would be nice is a USB-C port on the front IO, but it's not mandatory.

Just did a few basic searches and I kinda like the look of the Fractal node 202 - something small and thin like that is what I had in mind, but wondering if there are any other good ones out there that people recommend. Budget isn't really limited but with these spec's I don't really see myself spending more than $200, but I would if the case was just amazing in every way. Thanks in advance :p

daddelbud

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Do you know the dimensions of the capturecard? Is it full height and what about lenght?

Velka 3 could be an option

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Might the Lazer3D HT5 be an alternative? Should fit what you want except for the 3.5" drive. I'm very happy with mine at least.